2D Character Animator
- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
WayForward is an independent videogame developer based in Valencia, California.
Over a quarter century we’ve become one of the biggest independent developers out there, and house some of the finest talent in the video game industry. We’ve built our reputation on solid gaming fundamentals, feature-quality character animation, and flexibility and know-how when it comes to bringing entertainment brands into the world of gaming – both original characters of our own design, or comic book and tinsel town favorites. Over the last few years we’ve become mainstays in the area of rebooting classic game series.
We want to create the most entertaining games under the sun. Our goal is to engage, delight, surprise, and match wits with gamers of all ages on whatever devices they can be found!
Wayforward is seeking experienced 2D Character Animators for console and PC action/platforming games. Applicants should have a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of classical animation, and have previous entertainment industry experience.
Animators will be required to provide a sample of their character animation. Please include key poses, rough drawings, and a final rendering (.mov, .mp4, video link, etc).
- Strong 2D drawing skills
- Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles
- Able to create strong key/storytelling poses
- Able take an animation from rough to final cleanup and color
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge with Toon Boom Harmony
- Open to learning new animation software
- Lead character animation experience is a big plus
- Passion for making and playing games!
Your Character Animation sample must demonstrate excellent acting and timing! Show us how you can bring characters to life!
This is a per-project position, but there is potential for long term employment.