Software Engineer - Product
- 20 California St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
WaterSmart Software provides intelligence beyond the meter to make the lives of water utility managers easier. Water providers using WaterSmart’s cloud-based, customer self-service and analytics platform have been proven to reduce costs, protect revenue, and increase customer satisfaction by more than 25%. Come help us change the way the world uses water.
Love working at a startup where your personal effort can help drive the company to success? In this role, you’ll be right at the heart of a fast-growing company changing the way the world uses water. You’ll have big responsibilities, with a lot to do. We’re looking for someone with an appetite to learn & perform at a high level across an entire stack: backend coding, databases, and front-end.
On any given day, you'll:
- Build new services that interconnect with elastic cloud servers
- Collaborate on beautiful new front-end features and their API endpoints
- Create distributed processing workers that crunch millions of rows of data into customer insight
- Design better and faster ways to be more scalable, resilient, and recoverable
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- A strong desire to be part of a tightly-knit engineering team that collaborates to meet aggressive goals
- An appetite to navigate a complex distributed system with hundreds of database tables and billions of records
- Attention to detail and personal pride in your work—which is high quality, maintainable, and organized
- Excellent communication in person and on Slack
- SQL experience
- Experience working with AWS components and services
- System design and architecture with message-queue driven distribution
WaterSmart seeks a committed and diverse workforce. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
This is a position local to San Francisco -- no remote applicants, please!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.