Fulton County REMC – Member Service Technician
Since 1936, Fulton County REMC has been serving more than 5,950 members in portions of Fulton, Cass, Kosciusko, Marshall, Miami, Pulaski, and Starke counties. Fulton County REMC employs 20 dedicated team members and has annual revenues of $13 million. Fulton County REMC is a member of Wabash Valley Power Alliance (WVPA) and Indiana Electric Cooperatives (IEC).
Fulton County, Indiana, has something fun for the whole family. The county is surrounded by beautiful countryside that expresses every season. Fulton County REMC’s headquarters is located in Rochester, Indiana. Rochester, Indiana, is referred to as the “City of Friendship and Pride” and offers a good small-town feeling, yet with access to the amenities of larger communities. Rochester is located on the bank of Lake Manitou. In Rochester, you will find one-of-a-kind boutiques, specialty shops, a delightful cafe, and splendid restaurants. A short drive away, Potato Creek State Park and Tippecanoe State Park that offers opportunities for boating, fishing, hiking, and camping. With a population of around 6,200, Rochester is located 45 miles south of South Bend and just 110 miles north of the state capital, Indianapolis.
Fulton County REMC is a member of Touchstone Energy, an alliance of more than 720 electric cooperatives across the nation, meeting service excellence standards. Touchstone Energy cooperatives pledge to operate with integrity, accountability, innovation, and a commitment to community.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our cooperative. That’s why we put our employees first-your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more.
The successful candidate will be a critical thinker with good problem-solving skills, strong communication skills, and the desire for growth and learning. This position will work directly with residential, agricultural, business, and industrial members to educate them about the safe and efficient use of electricity and will provide prompt and courteous customer service to all members.
The Member Service Technician will be responsible for providing the following:
- Work in diversified services including water heater repair, wi-fi thermostats, exede satellite internet service, load control programs, and blower door testing.
- Assist Members with high bill complaints.
- Promote internal and external energy savings initiatives/programs and coordinates/promotes/track rebate programs.
- Performs Energy Audits for all electric members.
- Coordinate service locations calls to and from 811.
- Help with electric safety education/demonstrations, and participation/support of 4-H electric program.
- Help with general building maintenance.
- Work safely with and around electricity.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- High School diploma, certification or training in electrical, HVAC and or building construction helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel required within the cooperative system.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Attend functions relative to the position outside of normal business hours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.