Senior Systems Analyst
- 6702 Intech Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46278, USA
We are a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of electricity to our owner-members. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, we were created out of the need for reliable, affordable electricity in America's heartland. Our members are 23 electric distribution cooperatives (which makes us a co-op of co-ops), and their members include over 300,000 homes, businesses and farms in Indiana, Illinois and Missouri. As a not-for-profit co-op, our members are our owners, so we aren't influenced by shareholders and old practices. We are guided by the seven cooperative principles that govern all co-ops and values that are important to us, like teamwork and putting family first. We are a Deliberately Different kind of power provider- built for stability and growth and focused on the future. And that's good news for the people and businesses who depend on us.
What’s in it for You?
At Wabash Valley Power, we take a deliberately different approach to our workplace culture. What benefits our employees, benefits our company!
We offer great pay and a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) match, Pension and more! However, here are more perks you receive when you join our team:
- No Sweat – we offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, cash for gym fees and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a discounted Fitbit to keep you on track!
- Flex Time – our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance. Speaking of flexible, we offer a hybrid work environment for those who enjoy a mix of working both at home and in the office. Our core office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. So if you like working from home, you can do that on Mondays and Fridays!
- Stay in School – we value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Keep it Casual – when you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
- Work Hard, Play Hard – we reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to 5 weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a team member that is curious, detail oriented, and loves to learn and manage technology. Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to know how our operations technology works. We will teach you! As a part of our team, you will be given the opportunity to grow in the electric utility operation technology space and be responsible for the following:
- Lead, coordinate, and facilitate project management activities to ensure successful delivery of new projects and programs for our Operations Technology initiatives.
- Work in conjunction with users, operations, member-owners, and external resources to define system objectives and requirements and execute according to plan; produce and maintain detailed specifications for operation technology applications.
- Perform maintenance and enhancements for existing systems applications, correct problems and revise systems as business requirements dictate.
- Support business and operational functions by developing and maintaining necessary processes and documentation.
- Install, troubleshoot and support corporate and operations database environments.
- Produce, maintain, and conduct unit and system testing of new or modified applications.
- Work with critical infrastructure systems in a regulated and changing industry.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
So, what will help you thrive in this position? You love to learn and technology is your passion. You are analytical and efficient in your approach to problem-solving with a high attention to detail. You thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a strong focus on execution and results. You are nimble, ready to jump on opportunities when they arise. You involve collaborators throughout the process and maximize opportunities to deliver work that generates satisfaction with your stakeholders. You love working with people both colleagues and members in a member-focused cooperative environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Enjoy working in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision and to carry out assignments to completion when required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology, Operational Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology or similar field required.
- 3-5 years experience required
- Experience in electric utility sector a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.