Tree Trimmer (Noble REMC)
Noble REMC was created by our community to serve our community, and more than 85 years later, we continue to take that duty seriously each and every day – with a little fun mixed in, of course.
Our local electric cooperative delivers electricity to nearly 10,000 members in Noble, DeKalb and six other surrounding counties in northeast Indiana, spanning more than 1,250 miles of energized line.
Although located in Albion, the cooperative considers its entire service territory as its community. Noble REMC is a leader in local economic and community development, and many of our employees and directors have been, and continue to be, an integral part of a range of community organizations.
As a Touchstone Energy Cooperative, we are among more than 700 other rural electric cooperatives who have pledged to maintain high expectations for customer service, integrity, accountability, innovation and community service.
As a Right-of-Way Crew member you will work on a team to clear vegetation in designated right-of-way areas. Performing in a safe and efficient manner is essential to this role.
Each right-of-way crew member will have varied functions assigned and expected based upon his/her progression through the training program. The right-of-way foreman will guide the training and assign appropriate duties to the crew member.
The following duties will be expected of a completely trained crew member.
- Perform tree trimming to maintain clearance of overhead lines.
- Assists line crews as assigned.
- Properly maintain and show care for essential job-related equipment and other shop and truck maintenance.
- Participate in monthly safety meeting and ongoing training.
- Mechanical aptitude to use chain saws and other equipment required to complete the job.
Applicants for this position must have a high school diploma or GED. Candidate will also need to possess a Class A Indiana commercial driver's license or have the ability to obtain a Class A Indiana commercial driver's license within 3 months of employment.
What's in it for you!
- Starting hourly rate of $23.53 for applicants with minimum qualifications.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Health Savings Account.
- Immediate eligibility for paid time off.
- 10 paid holidays.
- National discounts.
- On-site fitness center.
- Life, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance.
- Fully funded pension.
- Traditional 401K and Roth 401K programs with a company match.