Power Supply Coordinator
- 6702 Intech Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46278, USA
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
What You'll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
• No Sweat
We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, an on-site fitness center for your convenience and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
• Flex Time
Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
• Stay in School
We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
• Keep it Casual
When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
• Work Hard, Play Hard
We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Risk and Resource Portfolio Division in development and execution of long-term and short-term strategies for power supply. This position is responsible for supporting the planning, development, negotiation, and implementation of power supply for market based key accounts, renewable energy programs, and implementation of new contracts. Responsibilities will include the areas of trade strategy development, native load support, transaction execution, energy scheduling, and load management. The processes and procedures surrounding this environment will be reviewed, developed, and supported by this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with short-term power supply utilization and assists the Risk and Resource Portfolio group with long-term resource planning. Serves as an interface between Wabash Valley Power and various power associations such as ACES, Midcontinent ISO and PJM Transmission.
- Supports the management of the Renewable Energy Credit portfolio, including researching REC markets & RPS rules and regulations, facility registrations in renewable energy tracking systems, state commissions, and various certification programs, execution & negotiation of all REC transactions and corresponding documentation, and reporting & audits for all systems and REC authorities.
- Supports the management of power supply needs for specific industrial customers, including but not limited to executing all market transactions of energy and capacity, implementation of new contracts for the power supply business unit, and providing weekly market knowledge on various pricing products.
- Develops relationships with REC and power supply providers that support Wabash Valley Power’s overall power supply portfolio business model and growth.
- Analyzes portfolio activity including monitoring market interface of Wabash Valley Power resources, reviewing power invoices, and assessing cost requirements.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate registrations in organized markets for the Wabash Valley Power resources and loads.
- Conducts special projects as assigned by Executive VP, Risk & Resources
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or similar field required.
- Ability to aggregate data in a way that enables insights and decision making.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years progressive experience in power supply preferred.
- Prior project management and REC experience preferred.
- At least 5-7 years in an energy related business preferred.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Spends 60% time developing and maintaining business contacts within the organization.
- Spends 40% time developing and maintaining business contacts outside of the organization.
- Spends 60% sitting; 20% standing; 20% walking in the course of performing job responsibilities.
- This position occupies a general office environment. Exposure to weather elements is unlikely.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.