Transmission Planning Engineer
- 6702 Intech Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46278, USA
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
What You'll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
• No Sweat - We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, an on-site fitness center for your convenience and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
• Flex Time - Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
• Stay in School - We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
• Keep it Casual - When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
• Work Hard, Play Hard - We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
What You'll Do
We are seeking applicants for a Transmission Planning Engineer at the Engineer II, III, or Senior level. This person will be part of a team to provide Transmission & Distribution facilities with engineering services required by Wabash Valley Power and the Member Systems.
You will assist in the study and planning associated with new transmission delivery points. Under varying levels of supervision you will also:
• Prepare formal, written recommendations for proposed reinforcements or additions to WVPA-owned, Member-owned, and third-party-owned transmission systems which would improve reliability at Member delivery points.
• Work with Member systems and transmission owners to analyze, develop, and oversee a plan for improving transmission system reliability.
• Collect and analyze transmission outage information as it relates to Wabash Valley Power member delivery points.
• As appropriate, assist Wabash Valley Transmission System Operations staff with analyzing transmission system reliability statistics when considering the merits of connecting new member delivery points at various transmission voltages.
• Provide review of and recommend any changes to Wabash Valley’s Transmission agreements with current transmission owners, as well as any future agreements, which would yield improved transmission reliability.
• Participate and represent Wabash Valley on RTO working groups.
You love to exceed expectations, apply systems thinking to generate solutions and promptly respond to members' requests. You love working with people both colleagues and members in a member-focused cooperative environment. You take a diagnostic approach to understanding the needs of the situation and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
· Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution required.
· 3+ years of progressive experience in an electric transmission environment.
· Proficiency and experience with Siemens PSSE preferred.
· Prior transmission planning experience at an electric utility preferred.
· PE license preferred.
· Successful completion of FE exam preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.