Senior Systems Analyst
- 6702 Intech Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46278, USA
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
What You'll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
• No Sweat - We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, an on-site fitness center for your convenience and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
• Flex Time - Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
• Stay in School - We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
• Keep it Casual - When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
• Work Hard, Play Hard - We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
The purpose of this position is to define, analyze, advise and recommend sound custom or purchased information systems solutions. In addition, this position will support and lead new initiatives and the operational maintenance of corporate information systems for the efficient operations of Wabash Valley Power Alliance.
- Lead, coordinate, and facilitate project management activities to ensure successful delivery of new projects and programs.
- Work in conjunction with users, business analysts, and external resources to define system objectives and requirements, and execute according to plan; produce and maintain detailed specifications for applications, including architecture, designs, and interfaces between other corporate systems as required.
- Perform maintenance and enhancements for existing systems applications, correct problems and revise systems as business requirements dictate, including analysis, design and development for requested changes and improvements.
- Support business and operational functions by developing and maintaining ancillary processes.
- Install, troubleshoot and support corporate and operations database environments.
- Produce, maintain, and conduct unit and system testing of new or modified applications.
- Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field required.
- Five to Seven years of prior experience in a systems programming or systems analysis capacity required.
- Three to Five years of prior experience leading/training team members, staff augmented personnel or contract employees.
- Experience with Linux, Windows, Oracle, or MSSQL, and data modeling.
- Experience with project tracking and reporting.
- Experience supporting on-site, hosted and cloud based enterprise technology solutions.
- Three to Five years utility industry knowledge preferred.
- Prior work in a regulated industry a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.