Electronic Field Engineer
- IN-38, Lafayette, IN, USA
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
What You'll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
• No Sweat - We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, an on-site fitness center for your convenience and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
• Flex Time - Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
• Stay in School - We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
• Keep it Casual - When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
• Work Hard, Play Hard - We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
You'll be responsible for performing the following responsibilities:
- Installs, modifies, and maintains the SCADA systems for the Member Systems and cooperatives. This includes engineering and managing projects, configuring and testing communications equipment, Remote Terminal Units (RTU’s), fiber optics, Intelligent Electronic Devices (IED’s), Front End Processors, and SCADA Workstations as well as performing System Administration and Database Administration duties on server/workstation environment and Network Administration duties on network equipment.
- Creates and manages software programs and functions to address programming needs on systems.
- Install, configure, and support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system.
- Trains and instructs Member Systems personnel on the operation and proper use of all installed equipment such as the SCADA system. Troubleshoots and maintains communications of the end user devices that connect to the Members’ SCADA systems.
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Must be able to drive/operate a company service van and may be required to operate a fork lift in the course of performing their job responsibilities.
- Must be available for system outages, as required.
- Travel and occasional overtime may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Engineering Technology or Computer Technology related field.
- One to three years of prior experience in an electronic technology capacity or Military technical training required.
- Operational understanding of computer technology and networking required.
- Previous experience with meter repair and previous electric utility experience highly desirable.
- Previous experience with Remote Terminal Units (RTU’s), Intelligent Electronic Devices (IED’s), and/or radio communications equipment as well as EMS/SCADA System maintenance preferred.
- Previous Utility experience a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.