- 6702 Intech Blvd, Indianapolis, IN 46278, USA
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
What You'll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
• No Sweat - We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, an on-site fitness center for your convenience and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
• Flex Time - Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
• Stay in School - We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
• Keep it Casual - When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
• Work Hard, Play Hard - We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
What You'll Do
You will work closely with information technology teams, Wabash Valley Power internal departments and external business partners to design, implement and support network infrastructure to meet business needs, IT initiatives and regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring the availability, security, optimization and day-to-day operation of enterprise networks and all of its related technologies including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, public/private telco circuits, point to point VPN’s, and the associated equipment.
- Maintain a secure network infrastructure for Wabash Valley corporate and field networks by performing upgrades, maintain VPNs, leading network design/testing, coordinating network access, and installing network firewalls, switches and routers.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and where changes will need to be made in the future. Create and maintain up to date documentation on all corporate and field networking equipment.
- Create and maintain all disaster recovery and regulatory compliance documentation, configuration details and software necessary for recovery of corporate computing and networking environment.
- Work with Wabash Valley Power membership to design, configure and secure interoperable networks for critical and back office systems. Support Wabash Valley Power membership by assisting in network troubleshooting and support.
- Work with Technology Security team to implement and support Cyber security solutions for Wabash Valley Power and its membership.
You love to exceed expectations, apply systems thinking to generate solutions and promptly respond to members' requests. You love working with people both colleagues and members in a member-focused cooperative environment. You take a diagnostic approach to understanding the needs of the situation and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco networking equipment and general networking troubleshooting required.
- In-depth knowledge of network and security monitoring, performance trending and capacity planning.
- Significant past experience and expertise in the following protocols & technologies: TCP/IP, VLANs, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, TACACS/RADIUS, IPSEC, VPNs, Netflow, SNMP, syslog & DNS.
- Cisco Networking Certifications required.
- Experience managing telecommunications.
- Prefer 5-7 years’ experience in advanced network and firewall design and support.
- Cyber security audit and remediation experience a plus.
- Experience supporting Windows, Linux and UNIX servers a plus.
- Utility experience highly desirable.
- Electric Cooperative experience a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.