Senior Systems Engineer
- 700 N High School Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46214, USA
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
What You'll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
• No Sweat
We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, cash for gym fees, and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a discounted Fitbit to keep you on track!
• Flex Time
Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
• Stay in School
We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
• Keep it Casual
When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
• Work Hard, Play Hard
We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
What You'll Do
You will monitor, install, support and optimize all networked server software, hardware and associated operating systems, as well as apply proven communications, analytical, problem-solving and project management skills to support the organization’s networked server environment.
- Collaborate with technical services staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with management team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals to identify and install new systems and resolve business systems issues.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems and troubleshoot advanced system issues.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
You love to exceed expectations, apply systems thinking to generate solutions and promptly respond to members' requests. You love working with people both colleagues and members in a member-focused cooperative environment. You take a diagnostic approach to understanding the needs of the situation and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent Technical Certifications and job experience.
· 5+ years of prior experience, in a senior level role is preferred.
· Extensive knowledge and experience with Windows Active Directory design and support, and VMWare ESXi and Horizon.
· Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Veeam, Nimble storage, Quest KACE, Solarwinds, Cisco UCS hardware, HP hardware, Linux, and Cloud-based solutions.
· Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of server software and hardware systems, applications, creating and maintaining documentation for systems and processes.
· Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a heavy workload environment.
· Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, documenting and managing projects, and general system management best practices.
· Prior electric utility experience or other regulated industry is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.