- 111 Peter St, Toronto, ON M5V 2G9, Canada
WW Canada, Ltd.
A Global Mindset
We Inspire Healthy Habits for Real Life*
*For People, Family, Communities, for Every Body
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to identify high-impact opportunities to leverage our extensive data to better serve our members
- Develop predictive and other machine-learned models to enhance and optimize user engagement and experience
- Perform exploratory and targeted analyses to understand the data, the problem, and to generate insights, such as novel features, that can be fed into our models
- Work with the rest of the team, and with our consumers and partners in development and product, to implement and ship production-level code
- Explore and assess utility and potential of additional data sources, APIs, and methods (spanning areas such as statistics, deep learning, and natural language processing)
- Motivate and mentor other data scientists to grow their skills and careers
- Peer review other data scientists’ contributions
- 3+ years of experience building and implementing machine-learned models in industry, ideally dealing with problems relevant to behavior change, community, product, and/or marketing
- Ability to scope and (self-)manage machine learning modeling projects
- Advanced Degree (Ph.D./MS) in data science, statistics, or a related quantitative discipline
- Experience with advanced modeling techniques, such as collaborative filtering and content-based recommenders, matrix factorization, time series analysis, classifiers, natural language processing, and ensemble methods
- Experience in deep learning for images or text (fast.ai, PyTorch, Tensorflow)
- Expert knowledge of Python and SQL, or similar industry standard tools used for large-scale data analysis and modeling (e.g. sklearn, gensim, pandas)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (Dataflow, Beam, BigQuery) and other big data technologies a plus
- Recent experience with a digital company a plus
- Self-motivated, results oriented, enthusiastic, and a creative thinker
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.