iOS Engineer (Senior Level)
- 111 Peter St, Toronto, ON M5V 2G9, Canada
WW Canada, Ltd.
A Global Mindset
We Inspire Healthy Habits for Real Life*
*For People, Family, Communities, for Every Body
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
We are seeking Mid to Senior Level iOS Engineers to join the WW Studio iOS team. Our team is responsible for delivering software solutions to support our Studio Team Members working in WW Studios globally. You will participate in the full Agile development cycle, from working with designers and product managers to determine requirements and creating tickets in Jira, to developing features and fixing defects in Swift code, writing unit tests and delivering builds.
We strive to be early adopters of the latest Swift features, and where possible new iOS features. We also love using tools like Cocoapods, Fastlane, and CircleCI to help us write modular code and rapidly deliver solutions to the enterprise.
Projects You Will Work On
- A new app that will be used extensively by WW staff to facilitate meetings in our Studios.
- In the future, this may expand to further applications such as self service for members
- Write non-trivial, clean, well architected and self-documenting code
- Write code that is both testable and is accompanied by tests
- Take non-technical requirements and map them to technical implementation
- Build out new features and iterate on existing functionality
- Contribute to architectural and design decisions
- Participate in code reviews
- Assist and mentor junior team members
- Answer technical questions on the product and the codebase
- Become the SME in some areas of the current app e.g. payments or authentication
- Share your expertise and new learnings with the wider team
- Professional iOS/Swift development experience
- Delivered apps to either the App Store or to an enterprise
- A comprehensive grasp of up-to-date Swift syntax, idioms and techniques
- Experience parsing RESTful JSON API responses
- Experience writing unit tests and be comfortable with TDD
- Cocoapods expertise
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Proficient in Git and version control
- Good grasp of security best practices and cryptographic technique
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.