Learning and Development Specialist
- 1415 Joshuas Creek Dr, Oakville, ON L6H 7G4, Canada
WW Canada, Ltd.
A Global Mindset
We Inspire Healthy Habits for Real Life*
*For People, Family, Communities, for Every Body
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for the design, development and implementation of various employee learning and development programs that align with our national operational requirements. The incumbent is a WW Program expert and a champion of superior service delivery experiences for our Members. The Learning and Development Specialist supports the ongoing development needs of employees through the tracking and evaluation of progress, the assessment of knowledge gaps, and the provision of coaching and additional training interventions. The Learning and Development Specialist must collaborate effectively with all stakeholders and successfully utilize technology to execute learning and development initiatives.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement training programs for operational employees; covering program, product, service delivery changes, process and procedure clarifications/modifications,
- Deliver and facilitate training via live classroom, live events/conferences, onsite training, web/video conference and one-on-one training
- Design and develop creative, high quality, interactive learning content for remote and classroom training including lesson plans, facilitator guides, participant materials, videos, practical exercises, engaging activities, training handouts, interactive eLearning and evaluations
- Engage with all stakeholders to determine key deliverables for the development of communications and learning programs
- For all training programs and interventions, develop reports to track interactivity and completion, and utilize criteria and metrics to evaluate efficacy.
- Provide post observation revisions and support
- Manage learning content and employees on our Learning Management System
- Spend time onsite in our studios to assess needs, build relationships, pilot programs, support, coach and evaluate learning programs
- Establish and maintain familiarity with the latest in teaching aids, instructional design and training techniques relevant to the organization's goals and objectives
- Assist Territory Managers, Territory Manager Assistants and Mentors with the delivery of new WW Studio Team Member training and onboarding.
- Provide follow-up coaching, ongoing support and refresher training as required
- Ensure all recurring learning programs are updated on a regular basis to encompass program, product, service delivery, procedural and technology changes
- Support the Operations Team with special annual and national learning events and other special projects
- Provide input from a learning perspective on Operational support tools
- Maintain knowledge of program and service delivery changes or issues by regularly connecting with the Operations Team
- Occasional travel (30%) trips across North America
- Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends during peak times
- Solid knowledge of best practices in adult learning and technology-based learning with the ability to link knowledge transfer with desired business outcomes
- Strong experience navigating digital tools such as smartphones and tablets
- All other duties as required
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of direct work experience designing, developing and delivering learning and development programs
- Professional Instructional Design/Training Certificate or CTDP designation is an asset
- Advanced Working knowledge of Camtasia, Storyline or other eLearning authoring tools
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite
- Passion for teaching, motivating and coaching, with the ability to create and sustain strong working partnerships with all stakeholders across the organization
- Superior written and verbal communication abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, high attention to quality, detail and accuracy, combined with the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks
- Flexible and adaptable, able to embrace and champion change at short notice
- Absolute Team player - High energy, enthusiasm & proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience with graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro etc.) is an asset
- Experience capturing and editing videos is an asset
- Valid driver’s license
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.