Chemical Engineering Bursary
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa, and the largest environmental consulting firm globally. To further our strategic business execution plan, we are seeking leaders who share our guiding principles – we value our people and our reputation; we are locally dedicated with international scale; we are future-focused and challenge the status quo; we foster collaboration; we have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable.
WSP in Africa offers bursaries for engineering and environmental students at recognised universities in South Africa. We support our bursary candidates through vacation work and employment opportunities after studies where possible, giving them the opportunity to not only make their mark on the world but to build a legacy.
Read more about WSP’s guiding principles here.
If you are a passionate and dedicated Engineering student, currently enrolled for a Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering and meet the following further requirements, please send us your application.
- In the 2nd, 3rd or Final year of your BEng / BSc (Eng) / BIng Engineering degree – for the 2024 academic year.
- Have achieved a minimum average of 65% for your qualification to date.
- Passed all subjects for your 2023 academic year to date.
- Please note that students should not be in receipt of another bursary or scholarship to be eligible.
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals, but all South African Citizens are welcome to apply.
Key Competencies and generic skills:
- Demonstrate a sense of community
- Work constructively as part of a team
- Enthusiastic & self-motivated
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
- Work well under pressure, managing stress and maintaining resilience as necessary
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Solution seeking
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Show initiative and take ownership
- Innovative thinking skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Client focused
- Time and priority management skills
- Entry-level demonstration of leadership skills
Applications must include:
- Certified copy of your identity document.
- University stamped copy of your latest, full tertiary academic transcript/progress report.
- Certified proof of university registration.
- Copy of your CV (with full contact details).
- A signed letter of declaration indicating that you do not have any other bursary or scholarships for 2022/2023.