Junior Country Analyst - Kenya
- Westlands Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
At Insight, we believe that creating a safe environment enables people and businesses to thrive.
We are one of Africa’s leading providers of integrated risk solutions operating across East Africa whilst investing in further growth in the region. We aspire to making a difference – to our people, to our clients, and to the challenging environments in which we work – based on local knowledge, regional understanding, and global compliance.
We are expert in high-risk and challenging environments; developing solutions to complex problems. Our enabling strategies are underpinned by sound information and up-to-date business intelligence sourced through high-level access to Heads of State, Governments, Boards and senior executives.
Our promise to our clients is intelligent solutions, effective delivery, and discretion.
Insight uses our dedicated “3i” team - Insight, Information and Intelligence – to underpin and develop effective solutions for our clients. Our analysts use multisource information and privileged insights as a basis to produce usable intelligence, to improve decision making and to enhance solution design.
The Junior Country Analyst, under the coordination of the Senior Analyst and Country Analyst, will support in the production of analytical reports and other client deliverables. The Junior analyst will read, analyse, draft, write, and brief on relevant security-related topics.
The Junior Country Analyst’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support in meeting deadlines for reports, products, assessments, and other materials
- Assist in the analysis of security, political, terrorism, and other forms of risk
- Facilitate client briefings, roundtables, and presentations at an operational level when required
- Support the recording and management of incidents for the Inquiron database
- Support the Country Analyst, Senior Analyst, and others with internal stakeholders, including the Regional Operations Centre and Technical Department
- Draft and produce ad hoc, commissioned, or bespoke client deliverables as needed
- Support client engagement on priority analytical or production requirements as needed
- Monitor and track key security, political, social or related risks using a variety of closed and open sources
- Develop greater information collection, aggregation, and sharing systems using social media, subscription services, and other sources
- Assist in the delivery of any other Insight and 3i services as needed.
Essential: A degree holder (4-year equivalent) from an accredited university. Satisfactory reading, researching, and writing skills.
Desirable: An educational or professional background in political science, security, or in the social sciences and humanities disciplines. 2-3 years in political analysis, security operations, or other analytical disciplines.
Essential: 2-3 years of professional experience is required, particularly in analysis or security operations roles.
Desirable: Professional experience in security, political, or other risk analysis with a focus on sub-Saharan Africa.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and a working knowledge of Arabic, French, Swahili is an asset.
- Microsoft Office Suite, basic word processing, experience using social media for research in professional settings.
- Continuous improvement – able to demonstrate ways in which they have improved (or contributed to improving) processes, systems, approaches
- Works well with others – actively & respectfully seeks the diverse opinions of others
- Proactively & constructively shares knowledge, ideas and expertise
- Creates/supports a safe environment in which people can share their opinion(s)
- Honesty and Integrity