General Kitchen Assistant
- Rate Per Hour: £12.00
- Employment Type: Fixed Term - 52 Weeks
- Contract Type.: Full Time
General Kitchen Assistant - 46 Paid Weeks - 40 Hours Per Week 5/7
£12.00 an hour
Holroyd Howe is one of the UK’s leading contract caterers, providing fresh innovative food services solely to independent schools and colleges. We are a team of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children of all ages in order to meet the bespoke requirements of each school.
Can you commit to feeding hungry tummies as well as hungry minds? We serve more than just a meal in our kitchens, so are you the exceptional General Kitchen Assistant we’re looking for?
If you are looking for an employer that will invest in you and develop your career further, then look no further and apply!
- To assist in the preparation of food and snacks.
- To assist in the service of food provisions
- To keep the kitchen and restaurant areas in a clean and tidy state at all times.
- To provide a friendly, efficient and hygienic service to all customers.
- To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To be customer focused at all times, by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To project a willing and helpful attitude to customers; to seek the appropriate knowledge of food items sold through out catering areas and to keep areas and service counters clean and fully stocked.
- To treat your team members at location as you would expect to be treated.
- To co-operate with all team members and undertake duties in the kitchen / service areas as requested to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered at all times.
HEALTH & SAFETY, FOOD SAFETY, THE ENVIRONMENT:
- To attend food safety, health and safety and environmental training courses as required.
- To rigorously follow the unit cleaning schedules.
- To attend all location meetings as required.
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or Holroyd Howe Management.
- To ensure compliance with the company’s policy on safer recruitment and safeguarding children and young adults at all times whilst at work.
There are many advantages to working for us and we provide our employees with bespoke benefits which include:
- Free meals whilst at work
- Career development opportunities
- HIT Apprenticeships for all experience levels
- Reward & recognition schemes
- People awards to celebrate our employees
- Work/life balance
- Employee Benefits Platform
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Prestigious working environments
- Team events scheduled throughout the year
- 28 Prorated Holiday days inclusive of bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Competitive salary
We invest in the training and development of our teams to give them the appropriate skills necessary to thrive in their job roles. We have outstanding teams of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children, of all ages, meeting the bespoke requirements of our clients.
“Holroyd Howe is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. All roles within Holroyd Howe are regarded as regulated activity and therefore we require an Enhanced DBS which includes a Barred List Check for all successful applicants. We will also require shortlisted applicants to provide appropriate information regarding their criminal offences.”
This appointment is offered on the return of satisfactory professional references.