Account Director - Maverick
- Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Formed 18 years ago foreseeing the emergence of engagement and experiential marketing, Maverick has led the revolution towards creating more experience based marketing.
It has built its reputation on creating innovative and exciting ways to communicate with audiences, with a far more practical view of the market than traditional agencies. Our client portfolio includes some of the world’s biggest brands – Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Westpac, Toyota, and L’Oréal to name a few. To see more of our people and our projects, visit our website at:
Maverick does not produce ads, it develops ideas. Whether this idea is played out through experiential activations, sponsorship leverage, events, content, digital media, stunts, activations or even broadcast media they almost always break the mould.
The perfect candidate will be a confident and creative thinker with exceptional communication and relationship skills. We’re looking for an Account Director or Senior Account Manager (to take the next step up) who will be a trusted partner to our clients and manage campaigns with dedication, passion and accountability. The ability to build relationships of confidence and lead clients in strategic directions is critical to this role. The right candidate will have a track record of writing, coordinating and leading the creation of pitches and proposals.
We’re looking for someone with an experiential background with an agency track record in leading accounts for big global brands. Experience in digital and social integration with experiential is also a plus. This is an opportunity to quickly accelerate a career in experiential client service with exposure to rewarding and innovative work as well as forging links with agencies within the WPP network and building relationships with senior clients. As part of the WPP network, Maverick is regularly collaborating with other agencies across the globe to deliver integrated solutions to our vast network of clients across technology, automotive, financial services and FMCG.
This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic culture in a fabulous and fun office environment in Millers Point with a great team who are passionate, creative and dedicated. The role reports into the Client Services Director and also requires close collaboration with other senior agency personnel – including the company directors.
Our industry and the work we deliver is constantly evolving, so this role offers a distinctive opportunity to develop and hone your skills in experiential, content, social and digital marketing. No one campaign we deliver is like another and this role will provide on the job training and development in a dynamic part of the marketing landscape.
- Minimum 5 years agency experience in an experiential or integrated agency at Account Director or Senior Account Manager level
- Strategic insight with strong presentation and communication skills and ability to lead clients and instill confidence
- Strong attention to detail and project management acumen
- A demonstrated ability to manage accounts across experiential, event, content, digital and social media platforms from concept through to activation
- Strong knowledge of the industry with a passion for brand communication and experiences
- A natural ability to build rapport with clients and colleagues
- Leadership qualities, with the ability to performance manage junior staff
- Demonstrated initiative and proactivity with a passion and track record in business development
- Financial acumen with the ability to manage budgets and deliver on campaign KPIs and deliver value to our clients
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines