WPP AUNZ - Risk and Compliance Manager
- Auckland, New Zealand
WPP AUNZ is the leading marketing communications services group in Australia and New Zealand. No other group comes close to our scale and breadth of capability, comprising of 5,500 people working across more than 80 companies in over 170 offices. We know that the most powerful role we can play is to bring together the best knowledge, thinking and talent to meet our clients’ challenges with bigger, better and smarter ideas – we call this way of working ‘ Connected Know-How’.
WPP AUNZ is the leading marketing communications services group in Australia and New Zealand, comprising 5,500 people across 80 companies. As part of the WPP Group, WPP AUNZ is required to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (‘SOX’). The candidate will join the WPP AUNZ SOX Compliance Team and will be responsible for monitoring risk and compliance for the New Zealand based agencies in the Group (including Media, Advertising, Digital, etc). This is a challenging role with multiple deliverables and priorities which requires the successful candidate to have fast learning skills.
Ability to see the process gaps and attention to detail are the key characteristics of the role, while the project management skills are required to effectively manage multiple agencies.
The SOX Compliance team stays up to speed with a constantly changing business environment, so the role has the potential to learn and growth within the team and the Group. In addition, the role provides access to multiple stakeholders within the wider WPP Group. This role requires working with WPP Internal Audit and other internal and external auditors.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and advise on compliance related topics including anti-bribery and corruption, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), internal audit findings remediation, enterprise risk management, as well as internal policy requirements for the New Zealand based agencies in the Group.
- Support the agencies in the Group with continued adherence to global legal and regulatory requirements, internal policies and contractual obligations.
- Working closely with unit management to conduct audits checks across various business units, testing the accuracy, reliability and completeness of controls and systems, and recommending best practice and developing remediation plans.
- Support and advise on client contract compliance audits including resolution of any findings.
- Reviewing New Zealand based agencies’ internal control design documentation and providing feedback, including if the control designs comply with WPP AUNZ Policy.
- Coordinate the SOX self-certification process for those agencies
- Participate in closing meetings and drive management to ensure issue resolution, including review of management responses.
- Follow up on remediation action plans for issues raised during the audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 7+ years of Audit experience
- Knowledge of internal auditing standards, auditing techniques and processes
- Ability to see process gaps through discussions and walkthroughs of processes
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley, risk assessment practices and internal controls design requirements
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
- Able to work with others or independently, as determined by needs of the project; seeking guidance and confirmation of progress as required.
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to investigate and resolve problems
- Good planning and communication skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a high performing team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel