Hogarth - Junior/Mid Front End Developer
- Crows Nest NSW 2065, Australia
Hogarth Australia is an integrated full service production business for the digital age. We produce advertising and other marketing communications for our clients across all media and all languages. Our production expertise coupled with our powerful workflow and asset management technology delivers quality, control and savings for the world's biggest brands.
We believe that the production, adaptation and supply of advertising materials is a specialist activity that should be carried out by a company that focuses solely on this discipline. We work alongside creative and media agencies to deliver advertising into market efficiently and cost effectively – with quality enhanced and with all production and cultural challenges managed by specialists.
The Hogarth Australia team comprises over 50 in-house production specialists in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, and we plan to grow to over 80 by the end of 2017.
We are part of WPP AUNZ Ltd.
Looking to grow your Front-End skills and love creating dynamic digital marketing? We have a full-time position for a Junior /Mid Front End Developer to help create and code great digital marketing and digital experiences across all platforms.
You must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organisation abilities and be enthusiastic about technology and constantly looking at the next innovation. You must be able to work in fast paced environment. Flexibility and tolerance is a necessity.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating and updating digital assets in accordance with the requests of other developers or project managers
- Creating Banners – designing static banner ads and animated GIFs; storyboarding and developing Flash and HTML5 banner ads – both standard and Rich Media
- Creating DCO Ads
- Responsive eDMs
- Responsive webpages – both hand-coded and via a CMS
- Producing digital assets in multiple languages
- Developing all assets in adherence to required technical or media specifications (especially applies to webpages and HTML5 banner ads)
- Maintaining client digital assets to the best of your ability using clean, accessible mark up according to the latest web standards
- Developing fast and efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Testing all your work according to the brief, Hogarth procedures and requirements
- Helping an advising project managers with client’s digital requests
- Keeping an eye on the latest trends to help boost development efficiency
To be successful you must have the following skills:
- At least 3-4 years’ experience within an Agency environment
- Experience in adopting Content Management Systems (CMS) and Workflow tools
- Experience in following processes for workflow
- Disciplined in QA procedures and processes
- HTML / HTML5
- CSS / CSS3
- Responsive development experience
- Exposure to Front End Frameworks (JQuery, Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Version Control through GIT
- Image manipulation software (Photoshop, Sketch, Fireworks)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Accessible and SEO based coding
- Proficiency in developing to W3C Standards
- Knowledge of the challenges of Email newsletter builds
- Knowledge of Cross Browser problems/fixes
You will also be:
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work both independently and efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- A team player. Be available to help when free. Support the team at times when additional hours are required
- Able to communicate clearly and patiently with colleagues and clients with regards to design and technical issues
- Confident, positive, open and have an honest approach to working
If successful for this role you will be rewarded with training and mentoring from the senior development team and join an excellent team atmosphere.
Our values created by our people are the thread that ties our culture together. How we behave as a community and the product we create for our clients, all centres on bringing our values to life.
Heart & Soul
We love what we do. We bring energy and enthusiasm to all of our work. Our will to succeed is what makes us different. We push boundaries, we are never satisfied and always want to find a better way. We don’t believe in the status quo.
We don’t wait around for things to happen, we get on with it. We are pragmatic and don’t have ego. We work hard. No shortcuts, no compromises. We do what it takes to get the job done to the highest standards.
We are straightforward; we speak openly and clearly. We give direct message. It’s not always easy, it’s sometime uncomfortable, but it’s the right thing to do. We operate with integrity and live up to our promises.
We like each other and we enjoy working together. We look out for our colleagues. We are an eclectic bunch. That’s good. We want to work with interesting people from many cultures. We demand great things of each other, but even when things are tough we don’t lose perspective and we never lose our sense of humor.
Hogarth is an equal opportunity employer committed to equality, diversity and social inclusion.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.