Hogarth - Junior Graphic Artist
- Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Hogarth is the worlds-leading, cross media production implementation agency and unmatched in terms of capability, scale and quality. We produce advertising and marketing content for some of the largest and most recognisable brands in the world.
Our Junior Graphic Artists (entry level) plays a vital role in the creation, adaptation and end-user preparation of compositions for use in visual communication. As a part of our Crows Nest studio and design team you provide artwork items for use in print, digital and motion applications. You are adept in creating design, layout and finished art using a variety of software applications to deliver items to brief and on deadline. You have an excellent eye for detail and artistic flair that you bring to your work. You combine all of these aspects with a solution focused outlook.
In order for our business to work, you will be required to spend time on certain areas. Your key responsibilities are as follows:
- Under supervision and guidance of our Head of Art, produce required deliverables; layout of original master artwork, adaptation and versioning, supply of final, media-ready files or artwork (finished art).
- Effectively interpret job briefs and seek clarifications where necessary.
- Produce required layouts or deliverable to brief using most appropriate tools and techniques to deliver projects in a high quality and time effective way;
- Liaise with all stakeholders, maintaining consistent, clear and open communication of various project status.
- Ensure project timesheets are completed at the end of every day, with attention to accuracy in spent on projects and a recognition of their importance to maintaining and assessing project profitability.
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- High level of knowledge and proficiency in the latest versions of Adobe Indesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of Adobe Bride and Adobe After effects.
- Understanding of Mac OS environment, network servers and file management.
- Use of D.A.M.s web-based asset annotation and approval and file transfer and delivery systems.
- Clear understanding of colour management concepts and applications, such as colour profiles, working spaces, monitor calibration and proofing systems.
- Excellent page layout, design and finished art capabilities.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to effectively prioritise simultaneous demands and adapt and respond appropriately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and client management skills with the ability to build rapport and manage ongoing relationships.
- Concern for quality and pride in all work produced. Careful and methodical with a strong eye for detail to ensure accuracy and consistent delivery.
- Ability to work with initiative, constantly thinking ahead; demonstrating a hands-on and highly organised approach to all tasks.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude with a proactive approach to all tasks.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions independently, escalating when required.
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment and autonomously.
Our values created by our people are the thread that ties our culture together. How we behave as a community and the product we create for our clients, all centres on bringing our values to life.
Heart & Soul
We love what we do. We bring energy and enthusiasm to all of our work. Our will to succeed is what makes us different. We push boundaries, we are never satisfied and always want to find a better way. We don’t believe in the status quo.
We don’t wait around for things to happen, we get on with it. We are pragmatic and don’t have ego. We work hard. No shortcuts, no compromises. We do what it takes to get the job done to the highest standards.
We are straightforward; we speak openly and clearly. We give direct message. It’s not always easy, it’s sometime uncomfortable, but it’s the right thing to do. We operate with integrity and live up to our promises.
We like each other and we enjoy working together. We look out for our colleagues. We are an eclectic bunch. That’s good. We want to work with interesting people from many cultures. We demand great things of each other, but even when things are tough we don’t lose perspective and we never lose our sense of humour.
Hogarth is an equal opportunity employer committed to equality, diversity and social inclusion.