Kantar Public - Consultant
- Perth WA 6000, Australia
Kantar Public is one of Australia’s leading providers of research and consulting services to federal, state and local governments, not-for-profit organisations and the education and utility sectors. We work with our clients, and often alongside advertising, public relations, digital and media agencies, to produce the highest quality consulting and research on topics that are high profile, meaningful and rewarding; from Australia’s obesity epidemic, to youth unemployment, road safety, social cohesion, drugs and alcohol, mental health and domestic violence (to name a few!).
The Australian team is part of the broader Kantar Public global team, and with offices in nine countries, we have access to leading thinking and technology from around the world.
You will be hands-on with clients - leading accounts on a day-to-day basis, developing long-term trusted advisor client relationships and maximising growth opportunities. You are already highly familiar with the nuts and bolts of research and now able to deliver a true research consultancy approach; crafting a story from the data, providing strategic and tactical advice to clients, developing recommendations, challenging client thinking and assumptions.
Your key accountability within this role will include:
- Leading and owning client accounts day-to-day (with senior guidance), strengthening and deepening relationships and and growing key accounts.
- Delivering exceptional insight and consultancy work which wows our clients, going beyond the data to provide true consultancy.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to grow client business.
- Creatively developing and contributing to proposals which set Kantar Public apart from others and win us business.
- Collaborating with the Perth team and the broader Kantar Public Australia team across the country, including coaching junior staff.
And, of course, you’ll be doing amazing research and working with a team of more than 30 brilliant social and government researchers across the country.
- A strong background in research with 5+ years’ experience, with at least some of that working for an agency or consultancy.
- High level of data literacy and competence in quantitative and qualitative techniques and processes.
- An ability to collaborate effectively to maximise the efficiency of the team and deliver best practice to clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint (SPSS an advantage but not essential).
First and foremost, we do the work that all social researchers want to be doing – our size and standing within the government sector means we work on some of the most challenging societal issues of our time. We don’t do the small or boring stuff.
But there’s lots more than that. You will get the opportunity to step beyond the research processes and project management and challenge yourself to help deliver change around some of WA’s and Australia’s biggest societal issues and truly make a difference.
Our office is located in sunny Perth and comes will all the benefits that you would expect from a global business – we give you day off on your birthday, a clear promotion pathway, access to world-class learning and development opportunities plus exposure to a global network.
If you are looking to step-up and make your mark – both on the key issues facing Australia today and within an expanding local and global organisation – then this is the role for you.
$80,000 to $90,000 per annum plus super
Please apply online with your CV attached.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.