Ogilvy - Account Director
- Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Are you looking to become a part of the world’s great names in advertising and marketing? Ogilvy is an agency with history, with personality, with passion and with opportunities for people that will be doing famous work on famous brands.
A rare opportunity has arisen to join a killer team at an agency filled with great people, great brands and great benefits.
The Account Director is the leader of the operational aspects of the account. He or she is responsible for winning client commitment to the agency’s creative strategy and resulting creative recommendations.
The Account Director must anticipate problems before they arise and ensure the smooth running of the account in all matters to do with insight, idea and creative development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build an open, honest and trusting relationship with the client, the account management team, creative department and all other internal business units.
- Managing the Client’s expectations by ensuring they are always kept in the loop in terms of work in progress, recognising issues early and pre-empting them.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the organizational structure, culture and politics of the clients business.
- Contribute to the development of business and marketing plans based on the thorough understanding of the market and consumer.
- Understanding of the trends and influences within the client’s market including competitor activity.
- Able to lead a mixed discipline agency team in developing and delivering the highest standard creative product for a client or clients.
We are on the search for a candidate with minimum 5 years advertising experience, preferably within an agency environment.
An ideal candidate would be an exceptional relationship builder with a strong strategic point of view and a flare for outstanding creative work. A great team leader and mentor, the successful candidate will have a meticulous eye for detail and an ability to always be ahead of the game.
Someone who relates well to a variety of people, builds productive relationships, inspires, encourages and facilitates co-operation. Manages team resources to maximise productivity and contribution.
You'll have experience in delivering 360 campaigns, but at a minimum must have strong digital knowledge and an interest in behavioural science would be a bonus!
Ogilvy Australia fosters a strong culture within the agency, and expects all staff to replicate the Ogilvy values of Courage, Collaboration, Playfulness, Curiosity and Excellence. If this sounds like you, come and join us at an agency filled with great people, great brands, great benefits – and good times.