Finance Executive - Account Payable (AP)
WORQ is a flexible-office and community company, with products in coworking spaces, community app, enterprise solutions and looking to grow its offerings to better service and innovate the real estate market. As an innovation firm in this industry, WORQ is a venture capital-backed startup invested by Cradle, 500 Start-Ups, Phillip Capital, Space Matrix ( a sister company of Jungle Ventures ), as well as private investors from Goldman Sachs and Temasek. Winning 5 awards including, Voted the Best Coworking Space of Malaysia by the Malaysia Rice Bowl Startup Awards in 2017, Coworker Member’s Choice Award winner in 2018, Outstanding Incubator / Coworking Space Winner in 2018, Coworker Member’s Choice Award winner for Kuala Lumpur category in 2019 and Coworker Member’s Choice Awards winner with 100,000 sqft of space and growing, housing over 281 companies, we have been able to fuel collaboration on a scale never seen before in Malaysian entrepreneurship history.
WORQ’s fast growth in a sustainable manner has garnered the continued support and investment from the VC world including its latest third round of financing completed amidst COVID-19 with backing from seven follow-on investors, signifying investor confidence in its potential. Its sustainability and risk management is bar none and endorsed by six of the major banks in Malaysia extending loan offers to WORQ, passing the stringent risk test of traditional banks. With a strong base, WORQ is poised to capitalize on the fast-growing flexible office market to reach its vision of making people prosper by working together. It's a massive dream, and we're working passionately to fulfill it. We can't do it alone though - this is where you come in.
- Gain exposure to a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Routine performance based incentives
- Wide range of office facilities and amenities
- Arrange & keep track of the recognition and payments of all PO and Non-PO expenditures, including purchase orders, supplier invoices, tax, etc
- Identify, reconciling and resolving AP variances by liaising with relevant departments or suppliers.
- Perform month end activities such as preparation of accruals and prepayment reports.
- Liaise with auditors, bankers, tax agents and relevant government and professional bodies on financial and accounting related matters.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, tax regulation, company policy and SOP.
- Assist in streamlining, scaling and improving the cash flow management and payment policies, procedures and manuals.
- Performing additional ad-hoc tasks as and when assigned by superior.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Added bonus if holds full or partial ACCA, CPA, CA, MIA, CIA or any other equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience in relevant fields.
- Well versed in Google Offices or Microsoft Offices.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines.
- High initiative and be independent to drive the performance to achieve the KPI.