Director of Marketing
- Unit 2-1, The Podium, Tower 3, UOA Business Park No. 1, Jalan Pengaturcara U1/51A, Section U1/51A, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
WORQ is a coworking space in Kuala Lumpur, backed by Cradle, 500 Startups, Philip Capital and many more prominent investors. Voted the Best Coworking Space of Malaysia by the Start up Rice Bowl Awards 2017 and Members' Choice Award 2018 Kuala Lumpur Winner by Coworker and Outstanding Incubator / Coworking Space 2018 by Malaysian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association; covering up to 100,000 sqft and growing, housing over 200 companies, we have been able to fuel collaboration on a scale never seen before in Malaysian startup history. It's a massive dream, and we're working passionately to fulfil it. We can't do it alone though - this is where you come in.
As our Director of Marketing your job stretches far and wide, literally. Your primary focus will be to gain leads for our sales ninjas to convert into customers, through digital and traditional means, both behind a desk and in the field, locally and internationally. You will also need to be able to craft a brilliant and coherent brand message for WORQ, and grow our reputation as the best co-working space in all of Southeast Asia.
You also get to be the person under all the spotlight as well! Public Relations and Media Relations will all fall under you and it will be your job to make sure we get maximum coverage every time we have a story to tell. You’ll also have the opportunity to run a spectacular digital marketing program, covering all our bases in content marketing, email marketing, SEO, SEM , SMM, GDN, Pagerank, PPC, CTR, CPC/CPM/CPA, GA and others.
As the department is growing there would be multiple new positions available. We also accept candidates (and fresh graduates) who are applying for Junior Positions.
- Build marketing programs to support specific marketing objectives across different channels and segments in support of our overall strategic marketing plan
- Market through various channels and segment databases working with large data sets
- Develop business cases for marketing programs at the proposal stage and make recommendations on marketing tactics
- Evaluate the impact of marketing programs in achieving their stated objectives, including impact on lead flow (Marketing Qualified Lead)
- Propose and manage marketing research projects to generate consumer insights in support of improved marketing strategy and communications together with Sales & Community Team
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, driving collaboration with the stakeholders and leveraging the right internal processes
- Candidate to possess minimum a Degree in Marketing / Mass Communication or equivalent
- Self-starter individuals with a strong drive to achieve
- Must have good communication skills and strong command in spoken and written English language
- Candidates with experience working with a Marketing Agency and familiarity with Digital Marketing Tools will be an added advantage
- Experience building complex marketing programs and reporting on the results
- Exposure to digital and traditional marketing
- Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
To succeed in this position, you need to:
- Be able to advise founders in strategic management of the company, stakeholders and growth.
- Rock-solid management skills and entrepreneurial mindset to run a department and the outlet
Bonus points if you have:
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- A sharp mind and a positive attitude