Business Development Director
- New York, NY, USA
In May of 2018, WONGDOODY, one of the country’s leading independent creative agencies, was acquired by Infosys, a global leader in Strategy and IT consulting to the Global Fortune 2000. WONGDOODY’s creative strengths and consumer insights (we’ve been AdAge’s Small Agency of the Year an unprecedented three times) and Infosys’s legacy of delivering enterprise solutions to global Fortune 2000, combine to create the first true end-to-end solution for companies seeking to leverage customer insight, storytelling, data, and technology in transformative ways. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
Consistently awarded as a Best Place to Work, we recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com.
The Business Development Director – Communications, Media and Technology will be part of our growing team, based in New York and working with WD staff across the country. This role is primarily responsible for collaborating with the WONGDOODY and Infosys client service and sales teams to identify, lead and close new engagements with clients in the telecommunications, technology, and media space, driving incremental revenue and opportunity.
While this is a sales role, it does not have a focus on cold calling and lead generation. We are being invited into the room. The Biz Dev Director is excellent at framing the opportunity at hand, conveying our unique value proposition, qualifying the work around budgets and timelines, then working with our team to move the opportunity forward to a next meeting, and ultimately and most importantly, closing the deal.
This individual will prioritize and manage new business pursuits with support from a cross functional team. A collaborative leader that works well in a team environment, has a sense of humor, patience, and a tolerance for pressure is a must.
The Business Development Director will have a proven track record of addressing digital transformation for national media and telecom companies, driving value for partners, employees, and consumers, and leading them in to the digital future. S/he will have broad technology interest, experience and connections in B2B and B2C.
- Qualify inbound new business opportunities and prioritize pursuits.
- Lead WONGDOODY’s contribution to RFP responses and participation pitches, collaborating with our colleagues at Infosys Digital, Infosys Consulting, and the broader Infosys organization.
- Develop a highly targeted vertical industry pursuit strategy focused on high impact, digital transformation engagement with leading brands.
- Participate in new business strategy decision making and planning with business development team and executive leadership.
- Report on progress to company leadership.
The ideal candidate will thrive within a matrixed, entrepreneurial environment. Success requires exceptional organization and interpersonal skills, along with an ability to improvise, solve problems, and navigate an environment where the only constant is change.
Business will be won on the strength of strategic thinking, quantitative analysis, creative approaches, and convincing verbal and written communications.
Other qualifications include:
- Successful track record (5+ years) of building business within a digital or traditional agency environment, management consultancy, or technology firm.
- Ability to speak to both tactical and strategic decision makers.
- Proven experience in building and leading a cross functional team in the pitch/BD process.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong business / marketing strategy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with digital marketing technology and the digital media landscape.
- A sense of humor!
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter
At WONGDOODY we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations where we live, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.