Business Development Director
- New York, NY, USA
WONGDOODY is a brand experience agency with offices in Seattle and Los Angeles and New York. Since our founding in 1993, we have won hundreds of global awards for creativity and marketing effectiveness, while building a culture that consistently makes WONGDOODY one of the “Best Places to Work” according to Ad Age, the Puget Sound Business Journal, and the Los Angeles Business Journal. We recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. It is a very exciting time here at WONGDOODY. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
We are a team of fun, fearless, ego-less, values-driven and collaborative problem-solvers distributed across the coasts with one goal in mind – human experience. Human experiences are the touch points that make brands and technology matter to customers. We use strategy, creativity and data to develop engaging experiences that transform businesses. And those experiences are backed by the global technological strength of Infosys.
If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com.
The Business Development Director – Communications, Media and Technology will be part of our growing team, based in New York and working with WD staff across the country. This role is primarily responsible for collaborating with the WONGDOODY and Infosys client service and sales teams to identify, lead and close new engagements with clients in the telecommunications, technology, and media space, driving incremental revenue and opportunity.
While this is a sales role, it does not have a focus on cold calling and lead generation. We are being invited into the room. The Biz Dev Director is excellent at framing the opportunity at hand, conveying our unique value proposition, qualifying the work around budgets and timelines, then working with our team to move the opportunity forward to a next meeting, and ultimately and most importantly, closing the deal.
This individual will prioritize and manage new business pursuits with support from a cross functional team. A collaborative leader that works well in a team environment, has a sense of humor, patience, and a tolerance for pressure is a must.
The Business Development Director will have a proven track record of addressing digital transformation for national media and telecom companies, driving value for partners, employees, and consumers, and leading them in to the digital future. S/he will have broad technology interest, experience and connections in B2B and B2C.
- Qualify inbound new business opportunities and prioritize pursuits.
- Lead WONGDOODY’s contribution to RFP responses and participation pitches, collaborating with our colleagues at Infosys Digital, Infosys Consulting, and the broader Infosys organization.
- Develop a highly targeted vertical industry pursuit strategy focused on high impact, digital transformation engagement with leading brands.
- Participate in new business strategy decision making and planning with business development team and executive leadership.
- Report on progress to company leadership.
The ideal candidate will thrive within a matrixed, entrepreneurial environment. Success requires exceptional organization and interpersonal skills, along with an ability to improvise, solve problems, and navigate an environment where the only constant is change.
Business will be won on the strength of strategic thinking, quantitative analysis, creative approaches, and convincing verbal and written communications.
Other qualifications include:
- Successful track record (5+ years) of building business within a digital or traditional agency environment, management consultancy, or technology firm.
- Ability to speak to both tactical and strategic decision makers.
- Proven experience in building and leading a cross functional team in the pitch/BD process.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong business / marketing strategy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with digital marketing technology and the digital media landscape.
- A sense of humor!
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter.
WONGDOODY is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer where we are committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive workspace regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. A space which not only celebrates and embraces, but also reflects the diversity of the world we live in.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.