IT Support Specialist
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
In May of 2018, WONGDOODY, one of the country’s leading independent creative agencies, was acquired by Infosys, a global leader in strategy and IT consulting to the Fortune 2000. WONGDOODY’s creative strengths and consumer insights (we’ve been AdAge’s Small Agency of the Year an unprecedented three times) and Infosys’s legacy of building and running the infrastructure of global companies, combine to create the first true end-to-end solution for companies seeking to leverage customer insight, storytelling, design, data, and technology in transformative ways. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, paving the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
Consistently awarded as a Best Place to Work, we recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com
WONGDOODY is looking for an energetic, progressive IT Support Specialist to work in our fast-paced LA office, providing support across multiple locations including Seattle and New York City. The ideal candidate has IT support experience in a strongly rooted Mac environment.
In this role you will:
- Provide application software support and instruction in the use of various software packages (see Requirements) specific to the advertising/marketing/design field such as; electronic print-production, font management, interactive, media/video, numerous cloud based services like Box, Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems for all users; interact with vendors as needed across Culver City, Seattle, and New York City offices.
- Assist the IT Director and Manager with additional tasks and projects such as server, network, security, etc.
- Assist in maintaining all desktop operating systems and hardware, including upgrades, modifications, and deployments of software and required updates to settings using JAMF Pro.
- Assist in onboarding new hires, as well as training existing employees about changes in existing policies, new procedures, hardware, and software.
- Perform inventory asset tracking for all hardware and software.
- Install, test and upgrade software and hardware peripheral devices.
- Work daily within a help ticketing system while documenting tasks; edit process documents.
- Perform other IT and office building related duties as assigned
- Act a building assistant contact back up for any office related tasks
· Two years of computer support experience or equivalent education in IT or computer desktop/mobile systems.
· A two or four year College degree preferred, but not required. A degree in Information Technologies or equivalent experience through certifications, seminars, training camps, and conferences is a plus.
· Strong knowledge of the following programs, skills, and methodology:
- Mac OS and Windows
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, Premier, After Effects).
- MS Office 365 and Office 2016: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Teams
- Apple Keynote, Page, and Numbers
- Familiarity with video post-production equipment is a plus
- Digital print-production workflow and requirements
- Apple Remote Desktop GoToAssist, and other Remote support applications
- Basic understanding of networking and common protocols such as AFP, SMB, SMTP
- Assist with business class VoIP Phone system whether virtual or hardware phones
- Virtualization of desktop operating systems on VMWare or Parallels
- Wireless 802.11 technologies, setup and troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of ACL file permissions
- Video conferencing systems such as Zoom, WebEX, and Microsoft Teams
· Be flexible with occasional working hours and special events during off business hours.
· Be willing to fly to the other offices in NYC and Seattle offices if the need arises for a few days at a time.
· Ability to prioritize tasks as assigned as well as maintain and complete simultaneous projects
· Must be able to lift 60lbs
· A sense of humor!
· Certifications Desired:
- All Professional IT Certifications for Apple, Microsoft, networking, desktop support, and security a plus.
- These specific certifications are a plus:
- Apple Certified: Support Professional
- Apple Certified: Technical Coordinator
- Windows: MCTS Windows 10 Configuration
- JAMF: CCT and CCA
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter.
At WONGDOODY we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations where we live, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.