Associate Media Director
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
In May of 2018, WONGDOODY, one of the country’s leading independent creative agencies, was acquired by Infosys, a global leader in strategy and IT consulting to the Fortune 2000. WONGDOODY’s creative strengths and consumer insights (we’ve been AdAge’s Small Agency of the Year an unprecedented three times) and Infosys’s legacy of building and running the infrastructure of global companies, combine to create the first true end-to-end solution for companies seeking to leverage customer insight, storytelling, design, data, and technology in transformative ways. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, paving the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
Consistently awarded as a Best Place to Work, we recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com
WONGDOODY is hiring an Associate Media Director to join our Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate is a hybrid with a range of media experience that combines brand, consumer and experience strategy, with healthcare experience an added bonus. You have worked at brand/media/digital agencies and understand omni-channel media planning and buying. As an Associate Director, you are both a manager and a doer. You will work on the frontlines with our clients and will play an integral role ensuring internal work streams are achieved accurately and on time. This position includes overseeing multiple media agency buying partners and is supported by a Media Planner and Assistant Planner located in the Los Angeles office.
This is a part-time role, requiring about 24 hours of time each week, working 4 or 5 days in the office.
· Management of media planning/buying/sponsorship evaluations:
- Collaborate in the development of the media brief, including gathering background/historical materials.
- Participate in the selling in of all media investment strategy recommendations to the client, coupled with evaluation POVs on media opportunities.
· Manage status, schedules and deadlines:
- Develop timelines and work back schedules taking into consideration the volume of assignments on the table and available resources.
- Facilitate all communication for media projects between necessary parties.
- Take lead on drafting recaps and identifying next steps for all media projects.
· Media partner management:
- Maintain a relationship as a key point of contact.
- Lead/support Planners with all requests for work, meetings, communications.
- Review all media deliverables from media partners for accuracy, alignment with objectives and campaign, and overall content.
· Review media budgets and billing/invoicing:
- Creation of jobs/estimates within WD billing system.
- Facilitation of client approvals and corresponding partner authorizations.
- Approval of jobs and oversight of monthly invoicing and client mandated financial documentation.
- Stewardship of and compliance with media partner payment schedules.
· Reporting/campaign wraps:
- Manage appropriate data collection, document creation and insight generation associated with scheduled reports and Campaign wraps.
- Foster strong working relationships and partnerships with key internal partners, including Account Management, Creative, Media Strategy, Production, Project Management, and Accounting.
· 5-8 years of media planning experience; agency-side or internal
· Exposure to a broad range of media channels
· Equally proficient in digital and traditional
· Client facing communication experience
· Proactive problem-solver, ability to juggle several projects at a time; strong organizational and prioritization skills
· Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
· Ability to derive insights from media performance data a plus
· Experience pulling, analyzing and deriving insights from competitive research (Kantar) and syndicated research (Simmons) preferred
· Proficient in Excel, Keynote and PPT
· Familiarity with project management software a plus
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· A sense of humor!
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter.
At WONGDOODY we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations where we live, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.