- New York, NY, USA
In May of 2018, WONGDOODY, one of the country’s leading independent creative agencies, was acquired by Infosys, a global leader in Strategy and IT consulting to the Global Fortune 2000. WONGDOODY’s creative strengths and consumer insights (we’ve been AdAge’s Small Agency of the Year an unprecedented three times) and Infosys’s legacy of delivering enterprise solutions to global Fortune 2000, combine to create the first true end-to-end solution for companies seeking to leverage customer insight, storytelling, data, and technology in transformative ways. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
Consistently awarded as a Best Place to Work, we recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com.
WONGDOODY is looking for a Recruiter to join us, based out of our NYC office at 1 World Trade Center. This opportunity will be key in helping us bring in new talent across a variety of positions as we grow and scale geographically through our partnership with Infosys. Strong experience required recruiting for the multidisciplinary roles across Product Teams e.g. CX, Interaction Design, Environmental Design, Delivery Management (both Scrum and Kanban), Product Owner and more traditional PM and Strategy. This role will also require helping fill positions in account service, creative and business development. While the majority of positions filled by the Recruiter will be for our NYC office, there is also responsibility for staffing across other current and future WONGDOODY locations.
In this role you will:
- Partner with department heads and hiring managers to understand their staffing needs.
- Be a bad ass at searching and sourcing talent.
- Represent the WONGDOODY brand to all candidates and potential candidates and help create a stellar candidate experience.
- Manage recruitment workflow for each open role while actively building a pipeline of future hires.
- Support discipline leads in arranging tests for Director level roles.
- Be an insanely good relationship-builder. Use empathy and curiosity to build a keen understanding of the needs of hiring managers and of candidates.
- Be adept at evaluating candidates for their contributions to both the work and the culture.
- Be committed to helping us foster our diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Collaborate with HR staff to build best in class recruitment processes for the agency.
- Manage job postings and social media outreach for open roles.
- Participate in tech and recruiting networking events, meetups, job fairs, etc.
- Take on some “HR lite” tasks as the sole current member of the talent team in NYC, including basic onboarding support, understanding of company benefits, employee communication and culture ambassadorship.
- Supervise an office coordinator for the NYC office.
- 5+ years of recruitment experience in a fast-paced, creative environment placing talent across a variety of roles for Product, Service and Experience Design and Advertising
- 1+ year of HR generalist experience a plus
- Experience opening new office locations a plus, with a love for a bootstrap, start-up environment
- Seasoned in all phases of recruitment – sourcing, assessment, networking, interviewing, negotiation, etc.
- A sense of humor – we’re serious (but not too serious) about this
- Organized with a love for details, while able to remain flexible in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Ability and interest to stay up-to-date on hiring trends and legal updates that impact recruitment and hiring practices
- Top notch communication skills – this means knowing when to talk face-to-face (or video chat), when to make a phone call, when to send emails, texts, instant messages – and doing each of them well
- Ability to travel periodically to Seattle and LA, including an initial onboarding period with Talent team in Seattle
TO APPLY: you MUST INCLUDE both a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
At WONGDOODY we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations where we live, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.