Freelance Delivery Manager
- New York, NY, USA
In May of 2018, WONGDOODY, one of the country’s leading independent creative agencies, was acquired by Infosys, a global leader in Strategy and IT consulting to the Global Fortune 2000. WONGDOODY’s creative strengths and consumer insights (we’ve been AdAge’s Small Agency of the Year an unprecedented three times) and Infosys’s legacy of delivering enterprise solutions to global Fortune 2000, combine to create the first true end-to-end solution for companies seeking to leverage customer insight, storytelling, data, and technology in transformative ways. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
Consistently awarded as a Best Place to Work, we recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com.
WONGDOODY is hiring a Delivery Manager as part of our growing Project Management team. This role will be key to our growth efforts, partnering closely with the NY CX team supporting the execution and delivery of client work. The Delivery Manager role will have been exposed to UX/UI design, multiple stakeholder projects, and software development. This role includes:
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-up meetings, reviews, estimation, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, burn down tracking and other scrum-related meetings.
- Works collaboratively with business, product and technical teams to support development and software delivery.
- Assists the product owner and business owner in user story prioritization and product backlog grooming via emergent requirements.
- Ensures development team is working efficiently towards sprint goals.
- Understands delivery impediments, issues, risks, and changes associated with the product development initiatives; works with responsible owners to address the items on a timely basis; updates the appropriate stakeholders as needed. Asks difficult questions, and makes issues and problems visible. Escalates as necessary.
- Partners with product and technical leads to assign and monitor work, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget.
- Coaches the development team and stakeholders on how to use Agile, Scrum and Kanban practices at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to complete the program and project life cycle.
- Ensures all the required products are produced and reviewed, including the technical leadership of requirements management, design, implementation, system integration, verification, test, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainment of the technical solution.
- Manages and tracks team velocity and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports.
- Builds strategic relationships that will increase team output, process accuracy, improve time to market and customer experience. Leverages the capabilities, insights, and ideas of others. Demonstrates trust.
- 5-7 years’ progressive experience scoping and project management within a product, UX design or marketing agency in a project/delivery management capacity
- Demonstrated understanding of project management processes, artifacts and tools.
- Fluent with Agile practices as applied to software development.
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints.
- A demonstrated ability in strategic planning, risk management, change management, project management.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Hands on quality management approaches, techniques, and principles to ensure quality.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group: developers, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
- Certified Scrum and/or Kanban preferred
- A sense of humor!
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter
At WONGDOODY we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations where we live, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.