Group Account Director
- Seattle, WA, USA
In May of 2018, WONGDOODY, one of the country’s leading independent creative agencies, was acquired by Infosys, a global leader in Strategy and IT consulting to the Global Fortune 2000. WONGDOODY’s creative strengths and consumer insights (we’ve been AdAge’s Small Agency of the Year an unprecedented three times) and Infosys’s legacy of delivering enterprise solutions to global Fortune 2000, combine to create the first true end-to-end solution for companies seeking to leverage customer insight, storytelling, data, and technology in transformative ways. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
Consistently awarded as a Best Place to Work, we recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com.
WONGDOODY is looking for a Group Account Director to join our growing team. This position will be based out of Seattle. This position, reporting directly to the Executive Director of Client Services, is responsible for leading a well-established team that has partnered with the client for over 16 years. Candidates should have a deep knowledge of both retail and shopper marketing with experience in partnering with both strategic planning and creative teams. A well-qualified candidate will have solid agency experience, lead a retail driven account, with a proven record of leading and managing a team, growing business and relationships.
In this position you will:
- Act as senior level strategic partner to your clients; own a room and build the respect and trust of your clients.
- Drive thought leadership and strategic deliverables for the future of the brand, and be able to identify great creative ideas in their infancy
- Build business and marketing plans that align with client goals and objectives.
- Be a thought leader on the categories and competition and proactively bring new thinking to your clients.
- Present creative, media and strategic points of view to client, guiding them to the best solution for their business.
- Manage development and execution of a variety of campaigns. Have the ability to schedule work and balance priorities for the efficient flow of work.
- Play a leadership role in driving the internal creation/production process across all applicable channels
- Assume fiscal responsibility for client profitability and cost management
- Mentor and manage account team by providing guidance, establishing goals and providing feedback on a regular basis, with a focus on staff training, development and well-being
- Engage in agency growth - organic and new business
- Four-year degree in advertising, marketing, communications or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in account management at an ad agency, design firm or marketing-related firm.
- Experience across multiple brands and channels; digital savvy a must.
- Excellent people and relationship-building skills. Ability to function as both a member and leader of the team.
- Ability to develop a strong and trustworthy relationship with clients.
- High energy but able to stay calm under pressure.
- Ability to lead teams and be a strategic thinker.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude with team members and clients in stressful situations.
- Ability to evaluate creative work from both a strategic and executional perspective.
- Ability to use persuasive, creative selling techniques to position recommendations to client.
- Confidence leading client meetings and providing internal feedback.
- Understanding of project management fundamentals such as budget and deadline management.
- A sense of humor!
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter
At WONGDOODY we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations where we live, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.