Senior Studio Artist
- Seattle, WA, USA
In May of 2018, WONGDOODY, one of the country’s leading independent creative agencies, was acquired by Infosys, a global leader in Strategy and IT consulting to the Global Fortune 2000. WONGDOODY’s creative strengths and consumer insights (we’ve been AdAge’s Small Agency of the Year an unprecedented three times) and Infosys’s legacy of delivering enterprise solutions to global Fortune 2000, combine to create the first true end-to-end solution for companies seeking to leverage customer insight, storytelling, data, and technology in transformative ways. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
Consistently awarded as a Best Place to Work, we recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com.
Senior Studio Artists at WONGDOODY provide team leadership and a broad range of services. Our team is primarily responsible for daily production of press-ready mechanicals for advertising and retail clients. We are comfortable if asked to help with photo-retouching and also ready to jump in on storyboarding to support our motion design partners. We provide training across departments on client brand, agency process and standards and especially in the best use of design and presentation software. We support agency business development teams with ongoing presentation support, from creative comping and support to full ownership and design responsibility.
As the needs of the agency grow, we broaden our abilities and learn new technologies and techniques to match them — and we look for new tools to improve our production and support our clients’ work. When we search for people to join the team, we look for detail-oriented individuals with curious streaks, great judgement and a sense of humor.
- Create accurate and brand-aligned mechanicals and digital files, working primarily with Adobe Creative Suite (approximately 70% of our production work is done using InDesign CC).
- Prepare projected and physical presentation materials using a variety of tools, including online collaboration platforms.
- Work independently and collaboratively within the Integrated Production department
- Accurately estimate the amount of time it takes for any given task and prioritize action of multiple projects
- Maintain and develop software and print/digital production knowledge and skills to ensure quality of work and share knowledge with others
- Preflight and deliver print/digital files, print and route proofs and archive project files
- Print large-format production proofs and troubleshoot RIP and hardware issues
- Participate in creative internals and QCs, and provide input that maintains high-quality and accurate mechanicals, train team members on QC process and expectations and provide secondary review of team projects
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues and support the team in identifying problems early
- Develop file naming conventions and server storage best practices
- Assist design and production teams in developing standards and methods for project management and execution
- Create client brand and technology reference materials and provide training to agency collaborators
- Provide ongoing mentoring to studio artists and support brand and process education across agency departments, helping others develop skills and efficiencies
- Manage equipment, supplies and materials used for client deliverables
- Anticipate and correct problems while executing department projects
- Five or more years of related experience in a creative production environment
- Strong presentation-building skills with understanding of software, operating system and font issues, plus experience in developing interactive files
- Strong understanding of the process of concept development and brand standards
- Organized, detail-oriented and comfortable in a high-volume production environment with aggressive timelines
- Attention to detail and knowledge of printing processes, pre-flight software and design applications
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro) and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Keynote
- Five or more years’ professional experience producing and delivering print-ready mechanicals using Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using and creating dielines
- Attention to detail and knowledge of printing processes and print and digital file delivery
- Understanding of creative concept development and brand standardization
- Experience troubleshooting computer and printing issues under time constraints
- Knowledge of printing processes and preflight and design software
- Solid understanding of cmyk, spot and rgb color and accomplished in producing tight mechanicals with correct color profiles and appropriate assets
- Proficient with MAC OS X and Windows XP, and aptitude and knowledge of OS X Server, Windows 7 Pro and Server 2003 and print servers/RIPs
Ideal candidate will have skills and experience in two or more of these areas: 3D, After Effects, HTML5, packaging design, asset management, front end development, social content creation
- Print mechanicals
- Presentations — InDesign, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Print and motion design support
- Photo retouch
- Digital asset development and management
- Brand asset stewardship
- Packaging design
- Software expertise and training
- 3D skills
- After Effects
- Front end development
- Banner design/dev
- Social content creation
- Presentation mastery
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter
At WONGDOODY we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations where we live, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.