Director, Marketing Technology
- Seattle, WA, USA
In May of 2018, WONGDOODY, one of the country’s leading independent creative agencies, was acquired by Infosys, a global leader in Strategy and IT consulting to the Global Fortune 2000. WONGDOODY’s creative strengths and consumer insights (we’ve been AdAge’s Small Agency of the Year an unprecedented three times) and Infosys’s legacy of delivering enterprise solutions to global Fortune 2000, combine to create the first true end-to-end solution for companies seeking to leverage customer insight, storytelling, data, and technology in transformative ways. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
Consistently awarded as a Best Place to Work, we recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com.
Our Director, Marketing Technology is a new role at WONGDOODY and reflects our rapidly expanding role providing business, customer and creative strategy to the digital transformation work fueled by our parent company Infosys. This role will be the lead understanding, consulting on and designing solutions for data-driven customer marketing programs and platforms. Initially, you will be a subject matter expert, strategizing and shaping our response to tremendous client demand. Your perspective on the demand will help shape the team and resources we will need to hire or work with. This person will initially primarily work with our business development team, our retail innovation team, our creatives, and our Infosys client teams to solve client performance marketing needs.
This person will be a creatively-oriented, technology-experienced marketer with agency experience. They will be well-versed on marketing engagement platforms like the Adobe stack, Salesforce stack, SAP, data and identity cloud tools. They should also understand CRM and performance marketing principles and know how to drive engagement across an omnichannel ecosystem of owned channels (email, SMS, app, push, etc) and programmatic landscape.
This person is NOT expected to sell, spec, architect design or deploy MarTech platforms as part of this role at WONGDOODY. Their primary role is to be an advocate and expert for better use and design of marketing technology through application of WONGDOODY strategic and creative capabilities. This would include overall customer experience; engagement design and measurement; customer identity, profiling and personalization strategies; journey and touchpoint alignment; content marketing design and build and overall performance marketing enhancement.
Also, as an aspect of being a member of a creative agency, the Director, MT is expected to be the resident expert on the relevant technology trends facing our clients and be able to inform, educate, hire and lead any additional assets needed as the practice grows.
The Director, MT insures that the agency provides:
- Significant technology knowledge and experience as it relates to performance marketing platforms, data and content ecosystems
- Experience and knowledge of how to build, optimize and run successful data-driven marketing campaigns for large enterprise clients.
- An understanding of how creative content is designed, built and deployed in data-driven campaigns
- A very capable working knowledge of data design, integration and refinement to build better marketing platforms. Experience managing or working with data teams.
- Experience working with CX and Creative teams to design and deploy better experience across a marketing platform
- Experience with programmatic media and informing campaign execution teams
- Innovative solutions and experiences in keeping with new customer expectation trends
- Experienced in developing processes for integrated teams to produce this kind of work.
- 8+ years of digital marketing agency experience, 5+ years specifically around marketing technology experience. 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with retail, CPG verticals a plus
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude with team members and clients in stressful situations.
- Proficiency in Keynote, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- A sense of humor!
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume, cover letter and link to your portfolio with password info if necessary.
At WONGDOODY we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations where we live, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.