Director, Consumer + Experience Strategy
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
In May of 2018, WONGDOODY, one of the country’s leading independent creative agencies, was acquired by Infosys, a global leader in Strategy and IT consulting to the Global Fortune 2000. WONGDOODY’s creative strengths and consumer insights (we’ve been AdAge’s Small Agency of the Year an unprecedented three times) and Infosys’s legacy of delivering enterprise solutions to global Fortune 2000, combine to create the first true end-to-end solution for companies seeking to leverage customer insight, storytelling, data, and technology in transformative ways. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
Consistently awarded as a Best Place to Work, we recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com.
WONGDOODY is hiring a Director, Consumer + Experience Strategy to join our Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate is a hybrid with a range of experience that combines brand, consumer and experience strategy. You have worked at digital agencies and understand digital platforms and technology. You have worked as a brand/consumer strategist and applied insights about behavior and culture to digital and physical brand experiences. You know marketing communications and how to brief for creative campaigns. And you have a breadth of experience across various categories with both B2C and B2B brands. As a director, you are both a manager and a doer. You will work on the frontlines with our clients and delivery teams, but will play an essential role in building our strategic practice in Los Angeles.
- Co-lead client business with Account and Creative partners.
- Act as lead author on all key strategic deliverables for your clients.
- Grow business organically and in partnership with Business Development team for new clients.
- Develop omnichannel messaging strategies – including a mix of broadcast, OOH, radio, paid digital, website, CRM, mobile, retail, POP, experiential, social and search.
- Understand and define clients’ business objectives and KPIs, and develop thoughtful strategies that help them reach their business goals.
- Connect the dots between client and target needs, data insights and business opportunities, culture and brand, and tech and creative to develop inspiring stories, strategies and roadmaps for our clients.
- Be a persuasive leader: bring many different partners together and unite them with your logic, reason and inspiration. Create consensus and drive to the next step.
- You have a fierce curiosity in constantly trying to better understand human behavior – what makes people think, feel and “do.”
- Solution-seeking is second nature to you. You’re comfortable rolling-up your sleeves with your business, creative, UX, analytics and tech partners to not only figure out how things work, but to come up with something new. New opportunity areas, new ways of working, and new ways for people to experience our clients’ brands, products and services.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity. We are experiencing rapid growth and scale along with our partners at Infosys and our clients. We are often shaping, building and coming up with new models and solutions to our clients’ problems. And it is exciting!
- You have experience in various forms of qualitative and quantitative research (e.g., knowing when best to use them and designing methodologies.)
- You are excited by and believe in what WONGDOODY stands for:
- A People First culture where individuals, not assets, are critical to both our working spirit and to building respectful relationships.
- A Creative Democracy, borne in the ego-less belief that great ideas can come from anyone.
- Your additional experience and skills include:
- 10 plus years’ experience as a Strategist
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Client experience in healthcare, entertainment, travel, automotive, and/or lifestyle sports brands, including post-purchase loyalty programs
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude with team members and clients in stressful situations.
- Ability to evaluate creative work from both a strategic and executional perspective.
- Ability to use persuasive, creative selling techniques to position recommendations to client.
- Proficiency in Keynote, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- A sense of humor!
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter.
At WONGDOODY we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations where we live, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.