Executive Director, Digital Media Transformation
- New York, NY, USA
In April, WONGDOODY announced it was being acquired by Infosys, a $10B global digital transformation company. On the face of it, this might be a head-scratcher. But take a closer look. By combining our strategic and creative expertise with a digital powerhouse serving the Fortune 2000 around the globe, we’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
One step in that plan is the creation of a new role to build and lead a digital media consultancy for all Infosys/WONGDOODY clients. In this position, you will work in partnership with our executive team, strategy, creative, production, and business development, to drive the growth of this discipline for the agency. This role will hire, guide and support a WONGDOODY digital media consultancy discipline across the entire agency, and collaborate with WONGDOODY and Infosys resources to implement the application of digital media consulting across a mix of blue-chip clients. While based in New York, this role will build the practice nationally. The GD/Digital Media Transformation works directly with the MD/NYC, along with agency discipline leaders, to shape the strategic vision for all digital media, adtech and martech initiatives. As with all disciplines, we pursue an on/near/off-shore business model and all WONGDOODY disciplines serve needs beyond the definition of office location.
The Executive Director/Digital Media Transformation at WONGDOODY is responsible for building and leading our media consultancy practice, developing and nurturing our client roster, managing our programmatic service offering and helping to grow the agency through new business and new thinking. As an open canvass, success in this role will be on KPI’s that are more entrepreneurial in nature than numerical, and will be defined in large part by what you bring to the practice. With that in mind, integration with Infosys will be a key component of success. This digital media consultancy will operate with a focus on three areas of strategic focus: Digital Media Consulting, User Engagement and Analysis & Performance.
Digital Media Consulting
As with all things digital, there is complexity and confusion in the client world. This practice is designed to help bring clarity to the technological and operational challenges of managing digital media, and give clients the confidence to build the appropriate practice, on the appropriate platform, within their own organizations. To be clear, this role is not a product sales position, nor are we trying to build a full-service media shop. Rather, in this role you will set up and define a consultancy practice to advise on best practices in stewardship, design and execution of a client’s digital media strategy, to improve experience and drive paid media performance. You will provide guidance for marketing organizations on in-sourcing services, including programmatic, by advising on topics like:
· team architecture, technology platform selection and staffing needs
· analysis of current data flow/architecture and programmatic asset mapping
· API integration and customized dashboards
· mapping out the role of programmatic in direct-to-consumer commerce models
In order to advise clients on programmatic, we feel it’s important to have direct knowledge of the space. Therefore, in the near term, you will leverage your expertise to evaluate, grow and manage a programmatic platform service offering for WD clients, including:
· evaluate and recommend adtech platform solutions across DMP, DSP, social and search
· manage programmatic partners in planning and executing digital media initiatives across display, mobile, video, social, and programmatic channels
· evangelize programmatic as part of a digital transformation initiative for clients and agency, alike
You are comfortable and adept at drawing correlations between critical questions related to a client’s targeting, engagement, and conversion efforts across the digital landscape. You will partner closely with all WONGDOODY discipline heads to illuminate the emotions and attitudes that frame the consumer journey and fuse together digital experience, design and business drivers.
Analysis & Performance
From KPI development to data intelligence, our focus is squarely on making sure the work we do delivers business results for our clients. In this role, you will establish reporting and analytics across a range of areas such as cross-device tracking, attribution and funnel analysis. You will help build our metrics/analysis service offering, as well as oversee and engage media partner and client analysts.
Seniority qualifications include:
· 10+ years’ experience as a leader and planner in a digital media environment
· Senior-level client management and leadership experience
· Proven track record of winning new business and growing existing business
· Strong track record in building and managing teams across disciplines and geographies
· Experience working with offshore delivery models, systems integrators, and navigating global, highly-matrixed organizations, a plus
· Highly collaborative, curious, and open to direction
Subject matter qualifications include:
· Understanding of planning, buying and optimizing paid media campaigns across digital media channels including paid search, programmatic and paid social
· Experience with martech/adtech tools including CRM, SEM bid management, DMP’s, DSPs, planning tools
· Experience with client-facing engagements, in consulting, agency or other related digital business services
· Proven ability to manage and scale a team-oriented environment across office locations or in new offices
· Understanding of trending platforms including Google, Adobe and Amazon
· Experience with ad serving/tracking tools
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter.
At WONGDOODY we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations where we live, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.