- Seattle, WA, USA
In May of 2018, WONGDOODY, one of the country’s leading independent creative agencies, was acquired by Infosys, a global leader in strategy and IT consulting to the Global Fortune 2000. WONGDOODY’s creative strengths and consumer insights (we’ve been AdAge’s Small Agency of the Year an unprecedented three times) and Infosys’s legacy of delivering enterprise solutions to global Fortune 2000, combine to create the first true end-to-end solution for companies seeking to leverage customer insight, storytelling, data, and technology in transformative ways. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
Consistently awarded as a Best Place to Work, we recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on.
Check us out at www.wongdoody.com
The Wongdoody strategist uses strategy fundamentals to drive current client business as well as new business. As Wongdoody is part of Infosys, a global technology services company, a strategist role at Wongdoody goes beyond marketing campaigns, to operate strategy in an omnichannel world -- uncovering the insights that inform customer journeys and help organizations address the digital customer experience. A strategist at Wongdoody is competent exploring the intersection of strategy, creative, and technology.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s business environment and strategy
- Collaborate with our team to define project objectives, set key performance metrics, and establish the strategic approach to the project
- Perform competitive analysis and identify gaps and opportunities in the marketplace
- Assemble strategic insights into presentation materials for mid and senior level clients
- Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies that are changing our client’s businesses
- Lead or collaborate client engagements on a day to day basis
- Select appropriate frameworks, research tools and approaches to use in solving client problems
- Oversee audience research activities (in conjunction with client or 3rd party) research
- Learn and utilize agency research & trend tools – analyze & distill qualitative and quantitative data and reports
- Knowledgeable about developments in subscription tools
- Lead the relationship with Stylus, Mintel, Simmons, Netbase, etc.
- Assist with planning and conducting of primary research
- Collaborate in developing key insights and strategies based on consumer research, cultural trends and brand truths
- Author and present insights/creative briefs internally and to client
- Lead development of customer journeys / customer journey mapping
- Monitor cultural and social trends broadly and as they relate to specific clients
- Monitor and maintain understanding of the social and digital ecosystem
- How consumers use each platform
- How brands can participate in authentic ways
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, journalism, digital marketing, CX, or related field
- Experience in strategy across: brand, digital, social, web, data.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to distill information, connect dots between insight/creative strategy
- High level of initiative
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Very organized and with high attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong relationship-building skills
- A sense of humor
- Computer proficiency in Keynote and PowerPoint
- Consumer Segmentation, consumer research
- Research tools: (knowledge of Simmons is a plus)
- Brand Strategy
- Communication & Content Planning
- Consumer Journey Mapping
- ‘Big Idea’ Marketing Campaign Strategy
- Digital strategy
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter.
At WONGDOODY we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations where we live, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.