Motion Graphics Designer/Animator
- Seattle, WA, USA
In May of 2018, WONGDOODY, one of the country’s leading independent creative agencies, was acquired by Infosys, a global leader in strategy and IT consulting to the Global Fortune 2000. WONGDOODY’s creative strengths and consumer insights (we’ve been AdAge’s Small Agency of the Year an unprecedented three times) and Infosys’s legacy of delivering enterprise solutions to global Fortune 2000, combine to create the first true end-to-end solution for companies seeking to leverage customer insight, storytelling, data, and technology in transformative ways. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
Consistently awarded as a Best Place to Work, we recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on.
Check us out at www.wongdoody.com
As a motion graphics designer/animator, you will collaborate with the creative team to lead, create and execute motion graphics for use across all client platforms. The right candidate will have a very strong design point of view and will be enthusiastic about using design and animation to tell compelling visual stories. You will bring positivity and enthusiasm to a wide range of managed projects, and feel comfortable working with your peers and at times leading the less experienced motion graphics designers on the team. Ideally your strong conceptual and animation skills are used in concert to create deeper meaning and tell a more thorough story.
• Deep understanding of the art of storytelling through motion graphics, video and music/audio.
• The ability to concept both independently and collaboratively and present ideas effectively.
• A level of polish to your work that gives us confidence in your ability to tackle a wide range of projects well.
• Some motion-related tasks include, but are not limited to: design and production of motion graphics, kinetic type, animated supers, background treatments, transitional elements, type design and font selection, intros, end tags, animated logos, color keying, motion tracking, rotoscoping and masking.
• Create and produce required graphic elements from script while maintaining client and agency brand standards; organize the graphic elements library, archive digital project files and troubleshoot MAC graphic systems issues, as required.
• Ability to independently manage the MGFX workflow for larger animation projects. Includes adhering to best practices for DAM, file prep, review links, and regular status updates to team members.
• Bachelor’s Degree in video production, graphic design, or related field
• At least 2 years of solid experience working in a professional, client-driven environment, designing and creating broadcast-quality motion graphics for both standard and unusual screen sizes and shapes
• Expert knowledge of After Effects and popular plug-ins
• Experience with workflow in a post production environment.
• Comfort with Adobe Premiere and basic editing practices
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools (such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator)
• Knowledge of Cinema4D, and a familiarity with render passes and compositing 3D elements within After Effects a plus.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
• Demo reel required
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume, cover letter and your reel with any necessary passwords.
At WONGDOODY we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations where we live, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.