- Bangalore, Bangalore, India
WNS (Holdings) Limited (NYSE: WNS), is a leading Business Process Management (BPM) company. We combine our deep industry knowledge with technology and analytics expertise to co-create innovative, digital-led transformational solutions with clients across 10 industries. We enable businesses in Travel, Insurance, Banking and Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods, Shipping and Logistics, Healthcare, and Utilities to re-imagine their digital future and transform their outcomes with operational excellence.
We deliver an entire spectrum of BPM services in finance and accounting, procurement, customer interaction services and human resources leveraging collaborative models that are tailored to address the unique business challenges of each client. We co-create and execute the future vision of 400+ clients with the help of our 44,000+ employees. Our global footprint spans 16 countries with 61 delivery centers worldwide including in China, Costa Rica, India, the Philippines, Poland, Romania, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Turkey, United Kingdom and the United States.
Azure Data Platform Engineer
As an insurance company, Zurich understands that data is the biggest asset we have – it is critical to driving improved operational performance and feeding the strategic analytics insight we develop.
We are working in exciting times at Zurich, growing rapidly particularly with regards to Microsoft Azure. We are looking for someone to help drive this growth by supporting our data scientists, who are working at the cutting-edge of the industry, to make best use of what Azure can offer.
You’ll join our Data, Architecture and Analytics team (DAA) - an industry award winning team responsible for our UK data needs – we’re connected to almost every part of our business. Our operational portfolio spans SQL Server 2012 through to Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Database Managed Instances, Databricks, Qlik, Attunity Compose/Attunity Replicate and Snowflake.
We are seeking an experienced Azure Data Platform Engineer as our responsibilities continue to grow with a specific lens on supporting our Data Science colleagues. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding, dynamic team as we build out our Azure data platform and professionalise our operational capabilities.
The successful candidate will be expected to have Azure / PaaS knowledge, but also very important to us is the experience and approach to work we require of our new team member.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
• Reviewing and administering existing on-premises database & application servers
• Ensure best-practice solutions in collaboration with members the internal supplier for analytics and data delivery.
• Liaising with Internal Suppliers on the Azure infrastructure, raise and monitor issues seeing them through to conclusion
• Monitoring and maintaining system health and security
• Review and testing of backup & DR recovery processes
• Managing accounts and security roles
• Propose and implement strategies to make best use of our cloud resources.
• Provide technical support to resolve issues and advise on best-practice with regards to Azure services such as Databricks, Data Factory, Azure Functions, Web apps, SQL Databases.
• Keep on top of the newest services available in Azure.
Your skills and experience:
• Understanding of the Azure platform and it’s use for Analytics & Data Science
• Experience working with Azure Databricks, in particular in helping data science teams to efficiency and effectively work with this platform
• Experience supporting data science and analytics teams in Azure with technical queries
• Understanding of Azure DB administration and the Azure data platform
• Understanding of ADF, Databricks, PyCharm and Docker
• Experience with Azure DevOps
• Experience working in a dynamic operational environment
• Practical experience / up to date training with Azure PaaS SQL database
• Experience in database server configuration and performance tuning
• Calm under pressure
• Experience with Azure Data Studio and /or PowerShell
• Experience with GIT source control or equivalent
• Good communicator
• Experience with CI/CD processes
• Knowledge of SQL, Python, R and Scala
• Experience of Snowflake useful