Manager, Talent Acquisition
- 16945 Northchase Dr, Houston, TX 77060, USA
HealthHelp - A WNS Company (www.HealthHelp.com), is the leader in the field of healthcare utilization & care management. We have gained this position by actively working to change out-of-date practices with a collaborative, non-denial based approach. Our methodology helps payors achieve a higher return on investment, gives providers education programs that better inform physicians, and ensures quality and safety for the patients needing treatment.
HealthHelp’s innovative approach and strong IT capability in specialty benefits management means that staff will move healthcare forward when provided with evidence-based solutions and second opinions. HealthHelp's staff is comprised of healthcare professionals who make a difference every day. HealthHelp has a desire to fill their company with talented and innovative people who want a career path filled with success and personal growth.
Our specialty benefits management services are broad and include, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Radiation Therapy, Sleep Care, and Musculoskeletal Care. HealthHelp has two locations in Houston, one a corporate office and the second a state-of-the art contact center. HealthHelp is also proud to have another such contact center in Albany, New York.
It is the policy of HealthHelp to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
WNS Global Services Inc. (NYSE: WNS) is a global Business Process Management (BPM) leader. WNS offers business value to 400+global clients by combining operational excellence with deep domain expertise in key industry verticals, including Banking and Financial Services, Consulting and Professional Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods, Shipping and Logistics, Telecommunications, Travel and Utilities. Globally, the group’s over 44,000+ Professionals serve across 60 delivery centers in 16 countries worldwide.
- Develop recruiting strategy, business plan, budget, and forecast; manage against annual plan
- Create cost-effective recruiting strategies; evaluate and refine recruiting processes
- Develop and oversee recruiting programs (e.g. HealthHelp’s internship program and slate diversity projects) aimed at building diverse talent pools and supporting HealthHelp in developing diversity and inclusion goals
- Evaluate and build new capabilities required of a world class TA function
- Create a road map and communicate progress and projects that support the strategy with leaders and peers
- Lead and mentor the recruiting team
- Establish organization structure and operating model to improve efficiency
- Navigate the team to success through metrics, feedback (candidate, team, hiring manager), and road map journey
- Lead the sourcing and recruitment process for HealthHelp’s executive team and VP open positions and other positions as required of a “working manager”.
- Refine and manage recruiting, interviewing, and hiring processes that support a positive candidate experience and recruiter/hiring manager efficiencies
- Ensure recruiting process, interviews, and documentation comply with all legal requirements and guidelines
- Create a metrics-based approach to ensure that our goals are achieved on time and within budget
- Develop the appropriate processes and training necessary to increase and support an outstanding team
- Be a recruiting advisor when partnering with the executive team and be a driver of recruiting excellence across the organization
- Partner with functional VPs and Directors to understand their long and short-term people resourcing needs, including industry/function trends and forecasting
- Work with other HR leaders to align goals and processes related to TA, such as compensation, diversity, and analytics
- Stay present with industry best practices and trends
- Oversee HealthHelp’s strategic partnerships with local organizations, including finding new opportunities, ensuring success measures are tracked and communicated, and ensuring causes and goals are in agreement
- Builds a quality relationship with the internal customers and external recruitment agencies
- Monitors and effectively manages the costs of the recruitment process
- Sets the social media communication strategy for different job profiles and functions in the organization
- Monitors the labor legislation and implements required changes to keep the process compliant
- Manages and develops the team of HR Recruiters
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years of professional recruiting experience, with at least two years in a supervisory role
- Experience in Healthcare recruitment required
- Familiarity with HR practices and metrics
- Understanding of fair employment practices
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Exemplary communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.