IT Rules QA
- 16945 Northchase Dr, Houston, TX 77060, USA
- Employees can work remotely
HealthHelp - A WNS Company (www.HealthHelp.com), is the leader in the field of healthcare utilization & care management. We have gained this position by actively working to change out-of-date practices with a collaborative, non-denial based approach. Our methodology helps payors achieve a higher return on investment, gives providers education programs that better inform physicians, and ensures quality and safety for the patients needing treatment.
HealthHelp’s innovative approach and strong IT capability in specialty benefits management means that staff will move healthcare forward when provided with evidence-based solutions and second opinions. HealthHelp's staff is comprised of healthcare professionals who make a difference every day. HealthHelp has a desire to fill their company with talented and innovative people who want a career path filled with success and personal growth.
Our specialty benefits management services are broad and include, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Radiation Therapy, Sleep Care, and Musculoskeletal Care. HealthHelp has two locations in Houston, one a corporate office and the second a state-of-the art contact center. HealthHelp is also proud to have another such contact center in Albany, New York.
It is the policy of HealthHelp to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
WNS Global Services Inc. (NYSE: WNS) is a global Business Process Management (BPM) leader. WNS offers business value to 400+global clients by combining operational excellence with deep domain expertise in key industry verticals, including Banking and Financial Services, Consulting and Professional Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods, Shipping and Logistics, Telecommunications, Travel and Utilities. Globally, the group’s over 44,000+ Professionals serve across 60 delivery centers in 16 countries worldwide.
- Works on rule protocols with the Rules Analyst and reports to IT QA Director.
- This position entails rules review whether new or existing and has a fast pace release schedule. Many times rules will be released without software changes.
- The Rules Analyst will make rules/protocols and/or procedural code changes for the rules engine and the Rule QA Analysts will test the applications and protocols to ensure they meet the requirements and that they log properly.
- Evaluates and tests new rule engine changes and/or existing rule changes. Reviews that new scoring or changed scoring for protocols all works.
- Verifies that programs function according to requirements and conforms to established guidelines: writes, revises, and verifies test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
- Tests and verify the applications associated with the rules engine and ensures that logging is being done properly for several of our customers.
- Documents bugs, defects and features regarding our rules engine in our tracking system.
- Runs database queries to confirm proper data placement during program operation
- Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.
- Can write step by step instructions for repeating software bugs while found during testing. Can also communicate to developers on how to repeat bugs and software defects regarding the rules engine.
- Be naturally inquisitive, with a high level of attention to detail and a passion for software testing.
- Be capable of writing good quality documentation - test plans, scripts and reports. Be capable of taking screenshots and ensuring documenting of versioning.
- Experience of working in an agile environment, closely with the development team, possessing strong communication skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards.
- Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program.
- Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Actively participates in the Product Development Life-Cycle, from inception to production.
- Provides Quality Assurance for web applications by developing test plans/cases and performing manual functional tests.
- Coordinates execution of manual Installation, Integration and Regression testing.
- Reports and manages defects found during testing, working closely with Development for resolution.
- Provides technical support for web-based applications.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field or comparative experience
- Minimum 2 years software testing experience
- MS SQL experience required
- Exceptional mid level hands on software QA analyst experience
- Previous work experience in a heavily regulated IT environment; HIPAA preferred
- Professional experience in MS technology, web apps, software development or manual testing required
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent test plan writing skills and attention to detail
- Quality Assurance and Testing experience
- Ability to work from home after hours is routinely expected, especially during code releases on nights and weekends
- Ability to identify and advocate solutions
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.