Reporting Analyst – Procurement Operations (KF)
- 6530 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94555, USA
WNS Denali is a procurement-focused, technology-agnostic managed services provider that enables organizations to win at procurement: influence more spends through category management and transition to a new procurement operating model. We support Global 1000 companies by offering an array of best-in-class procurement solutions, including Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, and Category Management, Contract and Supplier Management, Tactical and Transactional Procurement, and Accounts Payable. We bring deep Category expertise extending across various direct and indirect spend categories.
Our efforts to integrate human capital strategy into the overall growth strategy have been acknowledged on several leading platforms. We have recently recognized in the AON Best Employer 2017 rankings, a feat that we have achieved for the second consecutive year. The WNS-Denali office in Pittsburgh was named a “Best Place to Work” in Pittsburgh in 2016, 2017, and 2020.
WNS Denali provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Reporting Analyst - Procurement Operations will be part of a client procurement service delivery team, creating and maintaining transactional and operational reports and dashboards (for measuring and tracking volumes, cycle times, KPIs, and SLAs) in accordance with client-specific operating guidelines. Specific requirements may include writing queries, designing dashboards, data extraction & analysis, ad hoc reporting, etc.
Key Responsibilities / Job Duties
Procurement Operations Reporting:
- Create weekly / monthly reports measuring various SLAs and KPIs for tracking health of program(s). Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Respond to ad hoc inquiries from internal and external stakeholders and help with extracting data to create reports.
- Validate and verify data sources with extensive testing to maintain high confidence level.
- Design, maintain, and enhance dashboards (Tableau and others)
- Suggest and make changes in existing processes and metrics measures to increase efficiency & effectiveness. Automate & simplify processes for reporting, measuring, and tracking metrics.
- Write complex SQL queries to define data sources to be used independently (and/or for feeding into dashboards)
- Drive 100% accuracy in the entire process.
- Engage with stakeholders to increase data driven decision making.
- Create informative & actionable reports which highlight relevant business process inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
- Reporting Analyst - Procurement Operations may also support the delivery of other Denali’s procurement and sourcing services including spend analysis, supplier performance management, productivity and efficiency tracking, and resource utilization.
- Work closely with cross functional product and data teams to create & validate data sources.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts to enhance reporting capabilities
- Bachelor’s / Master's Degree in Business, Analytics, Supply Chain or related discipline
- A minimum of 2+ years of work experience in data analysis, Tableau dashboards, SQL (or similar languages)
- Data Analysis, Advanced MS Excel, Google Sheets, Presto Database, Tableau
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge and understanding of procurement fundamentals.
- Analytical thinking & Problem Solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Client Services Capabilities:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to learn client specific processes, terminology, systems, and unique requirements by various business groups.
- Sense of urgency due to cross functional and fast-moving nature of operations, Big picture thinking, prioritization (comfortable with multi-tasking)
- Ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally, with non-technical stakeholders.