Manager/HR Business Partner
- 5959 Corporate Dr, Houston, TX 77036, USA
- Employees can work remotely
HealthHelp - A WNS Company (www.HealthHelp.com), is the leader in the field of healthcare utilization & care management. We have gained this position by actively working to change out-of-date practices with a collaborative, non-denial based approach. Our methodology helps payors achieve a higher return on investment, gives providers education programs that better inform physicians, and ensures quality and safety for the patients needing treatment.
HealthHelp’s innovative approach and strong IT capability in specialty benefits management means that staff will move healthcare forward when provided with evidence-based solutions and second opinions. HealthHelp's staff is comprised of healthcare professionals who make a difference every day. HealthHelp has a desire to fill their company with talented and innovative people who want a career path filled with success and personal growth.
Our specialty benefits management services are broad and include, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Radiation Therapy, Sleep Care, and Musculoskeletal Care. HealthHelp has two locations in Houston, one a corporate office and the second a state-of-the art contact center. HealthHelp is also proud to have another such contact center in Albany, New York.
WNS Global Services Inc. (NYSE: WNS) is a global Business Process Management (BPM) leader. WNS offers business value to 400+global clients by combining operational excellence with deep domain expertise in key industry verticals, including Banking and Financial Services, Consulting and Professional Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods, Shipping and Logistics, Telecommunications, Travel and Utilities. Globally, the group’s over 44,000+ Professionals serve across 60 delivery centers in 16 countries worldwide.
- Partners with leadership within the Human Resources department regarding process improvement, service levels and customer service initiatives.
- Conducts new hire orientation sessions and communicates benefits changes.
- Collaborates with hiring managers and the recruitment team in managing pre-employment testing and test administration to optimize the environment, process and validity of outcomes.
- Ensures an appropriate and consistent level of customer service is delivered across assigned areas.
- Manages and directs the local administrative staff.
- Prepares cost analysis and management reports reflecting historical and current data.
- Reviews and ensures personnel and financial actions are processed accurately and timely in ADP/PeopleSoft respectively.
- Ensures compliance with and ability to research all federal and state laws and regulations
- Manages Human Resources activities in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations and salary-planning.
- Works with hiring departments to assess recruiting needs, develop candidate profiles, develop recruiting strategies, and initiate recruiting efforts.
- Works with hiring managers to review candidate qualifications and determine appropriate role band and compensation.
- Compiles data and prepares various reviews and specialized reports.
- Participates in job fairs and other recruiting activities as needed.
- Discusses and explains HealthHelp’s human resources related policies with employees and supervisors. Provides advice, counsel, and recommendations to managers and employees regarding employee relations issues, discusses appropriate actions and alternatives.
- Reviews local human resource policies to ensure compliance with state laws, federal regulations, etc. and revises policies to maintain compliance as necessary. Develops and recommends new policies as necessitated by changes in law, etc.
- Partners with supervisors, employees and third party agencies in facilitating leave of absences, i.e FMLA, military, disability claims.
- Partners with supervision and workforce departments to ensure ADA accommodations are received, acted upon and monitored.
- Reviews and approves personnel actions related to formal disciplinary procedures: ensures compliance with policy and federal and state laws.
- Assists managers in determining appropriate course of action. Facilitate all pre-disciplinary meetings between employee and manager; serve as a resource to both the employee and manager.
- Conducts investigations of human resources ethics violations or other issues as directed by the Associate Director of HR. Makes recommendations of corrective actions to the local managers and Associate Director of HR, if deficiencies are found. Investigates grievances and recommends action to the local manager after discussing with the Associate Director of Human Resources
- Conducts exit interviews and satisfaction surveys to share feedback with Business Partners / BU Heads in order to identify problems and establish trends.
- Provides counsel to the appeal tribunal and the appellant regarding procedural issues and policy. Represents HealthHelp in unemployment claims.
- Develops and delivers training sessions on various human resources policies and procedures to supervisors and employees.
- Contributes towards employee engagement activities and efforts for the contact center.
- Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor Degree or higher in a business related field or equivalent years of relevant experience
· 7+ years' experience in Human Resources role
· 3+ years' experience in a healthcare/managed care setting
· Knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws
· Experience with an HRIS system like PeopleSoft / SAP preferred
· SHRM/HRCI certification strongly preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.