Analyst, Medical Economics & Informatics
- 16945 Northchase Dr, Houston, TX 77060, USA
- Employees can work remotely
HealthHelp - A WNS Company (www.HealthHelp.com), is the leader in the field of healthcare utilization & care management. We have gained this position by actively working to change out-of-date practices with a collaborative, non-denial based approach. Our methodology helps payors achieve a higher return on investment, gives providers education programs that better inform physicians, and ensures quality and safety for the patients needing treatment.
HealthHelp’s innovative approach and strong IT capability in specialty benefits management means that staff will move healthcare forward when provided with evidence-based solutions and second opinions. HealthHelp's staff is comprised of healthcare professionals who make a difference every day. HealthHelp has a desire to fill their company with talented and innovative people who want a career path filled with success and personal growth.
Our specialty benefits management services are broad and include, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Radiation Therapy, Sleep Care, and Musculoskeletal Care. HealthHelp has two locations in Houston, one a corporate office and the second a state-of-the art contact center. HealthHelp is also proud to have another such contact center in Albany, New York.
WNS Global Services Inc. (NYSE: WNS) is a global Business Process Management (BPM) leader. WNS offers business value to 400+global clients by combining operational excellence with deep domain expertise in key industry verticals, including Banking and Financial Services, Consulting and Professional Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods, Shipping and Logistics, Telecommunications, Travel and Utilities. Globally, the group’s over 44,000+ Professionals serve across 60 delivery centers in 16 countries worldwide.
This position is responsible for supporting business analysis, utilization analysis, performance results monitoring, reports development, and analytical support within the Medical Economics and Informatics Department.
· Extract, manage, and analyze operational, claims and performance data to identify trends, patterns, insights, and outliers within data.
· Translates transactional data into client ready deliverables using visualization tools available, such as Tableau.
· Drives a repeatable analytic process, and consistently deliver best-in-class reporting to multiple business stakeholders.
· Studies client specific data at multiple geographical and clinical levels to identify utilization and cost trends and provide recommendations and insights.
· Responsible for analyzing and developing reports on client specific utilization trends, program savings and performance to be shared with internal Client Services team.
· Provides analytical and technical support for development and QA of Client Level Dashboards and other recurrent reporting. ,
· Collaborates on design/development/automatization of Standard Client Reporting Package, including dashboards
· Responsible for Quarterly Business Review meetings data deliverables & takeaways
· Responsible for ad-hoc Client and Markets requests for mature programs
· Collaborates on processes to integrate new client data (claims/membership) and perform quality control tests.
· Works with MEl team members to improve efficiency and accuracy of reporting outputs.
· Collaborates with Client Informatics Analysts and Manager to improve outputs efficiency and accuracy of deliverables.
· Collaborate with MEl team members on special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor Degree or higher in Healthcare Informatics, Health Care Statistics, Public Health Economics, Epidemiology, Mathematics, Computer Science/IT, related field or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years' experience in the. Healthcare Industry and/or Managed Care Organizations
o Experience in analytics/informatics and report development is required
o Experience using Medical Claims data (medical cost, utilization, cost benefit analysis, etc.) is required
o Experience with Pharmacy claims data and healthcare records is preferred
· 1+ years' experience with analytics in data warehouse environment
o Experience using SQL for report writing and data management
· Direct experience in business intelligence applications, advanced data visualization tools and/or statistical analysis software (such as: SQL/MySQL/R, SAS, Tableau, Minitab, Matlab, Crystal Reports, Business Objects Desktop (Web based) Intelligence, etc.)
· Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) necessary to document, track and present information related to company program/products/clients · '
· Knowledge of healthcare financial business cycle, healthcare quality reporting and analysis, benchmarking is required
· Knowledge of health system functions, terminology and standard ICD-10 and CPT coding systems is highly desirable
· Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills are highly desirable
· Ability to compile information and prepare reports that are easily translatable for client delivery
· Aptitude to effectively communicate analytical findings and conclusions to internal stakeholders and/or key business leaders.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail, effective time manager and multitasking skills are highly desirable
· Ability to manage responsibilities (with minimal supervision) and exercise initiative
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.