IT Business Analyst
- 16945 Northchase Dr, Houston, TX 77060, USA
HealthHelp - A WNS Company (www.HealthHelp.com), is the leader in the field of healthcare utilization & care management. We have gained this position by actively working to change out-of-date practices with a collaborative, non-denial based approach. Our methodology helps payors achieve a higher return on investment, gives providers education programs that better inform physicians, and ensures quality and safety for the patients needing treatment.
HealthHelp’s innovative approach and strong IT capability in specialty benefits management means that staff will move healthcare forward when provided with evidence-based solutions and second opinions. HealthHelp's staff is comprised of healthcare professionals who make a difference every day. HealthHelp has a desire to fill their company with talented and innovative people who want a career path filled with success and personal growth.
Our specialty benefits management services are broad and include, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Radiation Therapy, Sleep Care, and Musculoskeletal Care. HealthHelp has two locations in Houston, one a corporate office and the second a state-of-the art contact center. HealthHelp is also proud to have another such contact center in Albany, New York.
WNS Global Services Inc. (NYSE: WNS) is a global Business Process Management (BPM) leader. WNS offers business value to 400+global clients by combining operational excellence with deep domain expertise in key industry verticals, including Banking and Financial Services, Consulting and Professional Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods, Shipping and Logistics, Telecommunications, Travel and Utilities. Globally, the group’s over 44,000+ Professionals serve across 60 delivery centers in 16 countries worldwide.
The Business Analyst is the liaison between business domain experts, development and operational groups and may also interact with external customers. Primary responsibilities include reviewing existing business processes for compliance and operational efficiencies, gathering business requirements for system enhancements, prepare systems requirements documentation for technical and end-users, and becoming a subject matter expert on the specific programs assigned.
- Project Analysis – Assists project manager and project resources to coordinate projects; prepares business requirements documents, develops and maintains project plans, communicates changes and project status; shares responsibility for the project success.
- Reviews existing business processes and workflows to determine operational compliance and efficiencies. Defines changes to the processes and workflows as appropriate.
- Performs data validation to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of operational activities related to existing business processes or new implementation projects.
- Customer Service – Responds in a positive and professional manner to internal and external customers. Maintains a professional approach with difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Provides or assists with end-user training as assigned to provide knowledge transfer of technical solutions implemented by the company.
- Documents all work thoroughly and accurately.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer technology discipline desirable.
· Minimum of five years experience in a business analyst role.
· Technical writing and documentation skills are essential. Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Office tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio. Project) necessary to document, track and present information related to the program/products supported.
· Well versed knowledge with EDI 834 & 278 standards is a must
· Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
· Strong Ad-hoc SQL query skills. Advanced knowledge of relational databases and ability to independently extract data using multiple tables, joins, and various complex data manipulation query logic statements.
· Superior data manipulation skills and ability to understand and interpret operational data and or processes.
· Knowledge of health system functions (especially claims data), terminology and standard ICD 9/10 and CPT coding systems highly desirable..
· Ability to comprehend complex technical and logical concepts and adapt quickly to changes.
· Ability to define and scope new projects and assigned tasks.
· Attention to detail and maintaining high quality standards is a must.
· Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
· Strong understanding of the software development life cycle and experience with project planning tools and methodologies.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Collaboration and cooperation with internal staff and external customers is a must to be successful in this role.
· Ability and demeanor to work in a dynamic environment while juggling multiple project priorities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.