Vertex Tax System Consultant - Bilingual (Korean & English)
- Ridgefield Park, NJ, USA
Woongjin is a rapidly growing team who provides a range of unique, exceptional, and enhanced services to our clients. We have a strong moral code that includes the service of goodness without expectations of reward. We are motivated by the sense of responsibility and servant leadership.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain Vertex system including tax rule setup and tax calculation verification
- Support on Vertex system version management
- Analyze customer requirements and tailor the use of the system to meet those objectives.
- Develop project plans and timelines to successfully deploy solutions and assist with data conversion; Perform unit or integration testing as needed
- Full support of users within all relevant sites of Samsung Electronics USA. Identify and understand end users technical requirements, provide necessary training and documentation, work to build and maintain strong end user relationships and provide on-going support
- Responsible for the support and communication with HQ for the implementation management and optimization of new and existing processes within SAP regarding tax changes as needed to support customer requirements
- Motivated formulate process improvements resulting from support issues, with the aim of minimizing recurring support.
- Provide strategic guidance to users in defining or designing processes to meet customer requirements; document existing customer business processes , identify inefficiencies and recommend system improvements and provide backup for Vertex consultants as needed
- Monitor and report on the status of any issues, proactively review and interpret performance against operating standards; provide information and reports results.
- Serves as the primary on-call support person for trouble shooting and correcting system issues
- Full Lifecycle Vertex implementation, especially integration with SAP
- Experience with Sales and Use Tax process
- Solution Design / Implementation / Post Implementation Support
- Create / Perform Test Plans / Executing Testing / Result Tracking
- Produce Training Materials / Documents
- Building Collaborative Relationships: be able to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills exemplified in team work, understanding of business and customer requirement and good communication
- Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions including the persistency and willingness to take calculated risk within the organization
- Able to understand customer priorities and work toward accomplishing those priorities.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems
- Manage the time and attention based on assigned job roles and objectives
Requirements and qualifications
- Bi-lingual Korean required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related discipline with an information technology focus
- 2-5 years of experience as a process consultant or similar role,
- Knowledge and experience of delivering projects in an agile framework
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skill
- Full lifecycle Vertex or similar US tax system implementation
- Strong knowledge of US Tax process
- In-depth technical knowledge working with SAP
- Project management experience that involves conceptualizing, organizing, planning, executing test, training users and documenting training materials.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of system development life cycle, dynamic of application development and information technology practices and methods.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.