Ocean Logistics Operator
- Santa Fe Springs, CA, USA
WOONGJIN INC. is looking for Ocean Inbound Staff for a multi-conglomerate company known all over the world.
Woongjin, Inc. is a rapidly growing team who provides a range of unique, exceptional, and enhanced services to our clients. We have a strong moral code that includes the service of goodness without expectations of reward. We are motivated by the sense of responsibility and servant leadership.
- Monitor booking/loading/in transit status for import ocean cargo.
- Check cargo arrival status at U.S sea port.
- Receive shipping documents and review they are accurate.
- Take care of drayage from sea port.
- Receive cargo release and plan cargo delivery.
- Check contracted rate and make quotation with carrier.
- Offer spot rate to customer and get confirmation.
- Book cargo to carrier and set up appointment.
- Manage outbound plan through W/H accurately.
- Monitor cargo from pickup to delivery to ensure on time and accurate delivery.
- Troubleshoot all issues from booking to cargo delivery in a timely manner.
- Daily liaison with customer, carriers, internal staff.
- Maintain essential account documentation with up to date information and ensuring that it is collated and stored so as to be readily accessible.
- Increase customer satisfaction and business share through regular contact (i.e., phone, email).
- Follow SOP/Work Instructions and ensure operational best practice in line with customer requirements as well as ensure operational SOP compliance.
- Recommend changes in current processes when needed.
- Reporting as needed (service failure report, claim/damage report, others).
- Accurate data entry into in-house system and other systems as needed.
- Handle settlement for AR/AP through in-house system (Cello).
- Provide satisfactory service to customer in day to day logistics operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3+ years of experience in Logistics Required
- Remote role that may require onsite at customer site in the future
• Outlook, Microsoft Office application such as Excel/Power point/Word
• Excellent written and oral skills (English)
• Able to engage and work directly with customers
• Problem solver mindset
• Handle high pressure and fast pace operations as needed
• Strong work ethic
• Open to learning other modes of transportation as needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.