Wireless Network Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Woongjin is a rapidly growing team who provides a range of unique, exceptional, and enhanced services to our clients. We have a strong moral code that includes the service of goodness without expectations of reward. We are motivated by the sense of responsibility and servant leadership.
Searching for a Wireless Network Engineer with 8+ hands on experience focused in wireless networks. This person will design, support, maintain, evaluate, and make recommendations for company’s fast-paced manufacturing facility. This person will be responsible for researching and evaluating new networking technologies and stay current regarding new HW & SW products to enhance systems. The internal title for this role will be Network Services.
- Configure out of the box WLC in HA environment, configuration of Anchor WLC, and evaluate their integration to Cisco ISE.
- Design, Plan, Implement, analyze, make recommendations, and optimize complex wireless networks in an industrial environment.
- Will evaluate and plan the migration of existing WLC and AP infrastructure to newer infrastructure.
- Execute wireless surveys, document results, create heat maps, make recommendations, and take action to resolve wireless coverage/signal issues while deploying additional APs.
- Work with IoT team to identify and implement IoT solution with wireless network.
- Create detailed network documentation, topologies, and SOPs to operate, support and troubleshoot wireless issues. ISE administration and support.
- Maintain, Manage, Monitor, and Troubleshoot network devices, including Switches & Routers (Cisco/Nexus), Firewalls (Palo Alto preferably), Wireless Controllers, AP provisioning (Cisco), and Load Balancers.
- Perform HW/SW upgrades, network changes, replacements, process RMAs, execute constant network expansions, switch configurations, access and trunk link configuration and troubleshooting.
- Manage the day to day operation with internal customers to bring up/troubleshoot connectivity for new and existing devices either on the wireless or wired network. This includes IP address management for Servers and other production devices.
- Provide in-office and after-hours support (24x7x365) in an on-call rotation, escalate, and open tickets with vendors as needed. Engineer is expected to respond after hours for service restoration, troubleshooting and/or repair of all necessary equipment.
- Work under pressure to meet customer network needs with quality, and in a timely manner.
- Manage VLAN, VLAN Trunk, Spanning tree, Port channeling, DNS and DHCP.
- Follow SOPs, create reports, update management systems, and effectively communicate with team members and management.
- Associate’s Degree Required
- Recent or recertified CCNP Wireless certification.
- 8+ years’ hands on experience in roles focused on Wireless design and configuration.
- Must have a skill to design, implement and troubleshoot data networks, including wired networks.
- Excellent understanding and experience in all 802.11 wireless standards.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP). Experience with HSRP, VRF, PAgP, LACP, VPC, MLAG, STP, RSTP, 802.1q, 802.11(a,g,n,ac), IPv4 subnetting, Cisco IOS, DNS and DHCP.
- Ability to work well within a team, willing to mentor other team members, and network documentation proficiency.
- Strong sense of responsibility and be driven to finish mission.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.