Sr. Project Manager (Bilingual in Korean/English)
- Fountain Valley, CA 92708, USA
WOONGJIN Inc is looking for a talented Sr Project Manager in Fountain Valley, CA.
This position will be responsible for creating detailed service specifications for Telematics development including new features and enhancements such as TMS core platform and customer channels like web portal and mobile app, including coordinating with business, engineering and R&D stakeholders to elicit, analyze, and define product and system requirements, create a high level system design, and interface specifications with the help of System Architect and tech lead.
- Closely word with project team members to perform the required tasks using a combination of solid business understanding, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent leadership and facilitation techniques and Create and maintain detailed project plan and timeline for all new projects or new enhancements or to any assigned new initiatives including vehicle audit support.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders to understand/evaluate business requirements and translate them to system requirements specifications that will serve as input for development.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Work with multiple stakeholders to analyze requirements, clarify design dependencies, and support functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work with Principal Engineer/development team/vendor technical team to come up with impact analysis and high level design for product change requests.
- Create/update service specifications documentation (Service Introduction, Use case scenarios, System Architecture, Inter-systems sequence flow diagrams, Product requirements, etc.)
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Coordinate internal project resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Understand end to end system architecture and be able to come up with impact assessment for various system design options.
- Support the Technical Operations team’s activities by reviewing test scenarios, clarifying product requirements, and supporting test execution activities.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goal
- Organize and facilitate stakeholder meetings to drive project execution
- Align with stakeholders for project progress and create project reporting for upper management
- Work with development team for project execution and continuously provide project risk assessment and mitigation planning
- Support multiple projects at the same time and effectively communicate status, progress, and results to management and Summarize lessons learned from the project and continuously improve project execution
- Bilingual Korean / English preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or Business Management, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with program/project management of technical projects
- 5+ years of experience as system analyst for end user facing product, preferably a system handling high volume transactions
- 3+ years of experience delivering applications in an enterprise environment.
- Experience within a progressive technology organization.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Critical thinking: use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Experience creating interaction diagrams, preferably UML.
- Experience with organizational transformation and change management.
- Proven track record of building strong relationships internally and externally.
- Strong sense of leadership, accountability and ownership for project success.
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritization abilities with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to interpret difficult instructions, arrives at valid conclusions, and recommend reasonable courses of action within the scope of the position
- Experience in the Telematics industry, preferred
- Experience in Wireless network operations, a plus
- Experience in Infrastructure management, desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create, track, and maintain the project schedule using project management tools such as Microsoft Project.
- PMP Certification preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.