Desktop & VIP Support Specialist - (Bilingual Korean - English)
- Ridgefield Park, NJ, USA
We are seeking a Desktop & VIP Support Specialist position in Ridgefield Park, NJ.
Woongjin, Inc. is a rapidly growing team who provides a range of unique, exceptional, and enhanced services to our clients. We have a strong moral code that includes the service of goodness without expectations of reward. We are motivated by the sense of responsibility and servant leadership.
This position assists staff and VIPs with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The position utilizes one-on-one consultancy to end users. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
- Assists staff and VIPs with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Re-images computers, performs data migrations and restorations
- Provide local IT support for company’s internal and external events
- Provide local video conference and A/V meeting support
- Provide IT support for mobile computing environment
- Manage all local IT Asset and report to the manager
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Logging, categorizing and actioning all incoming ticket activity in the Helpdesk Desk application.
- Escalate issues to third level support teams
- Document procedures, FAQs, and inventory of assets
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be willing to work shifts which include working evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to employment.)
- Must present professional image and grooming
- Proficient in core Microsoft products, including Win7/8/10, MS Office, Internet Explorer and Active Directory.
- Solid practical knowledge of computer hardware and software including imaging software
- Solid practical knowledge of Apple hardware and software including imaging task
- Experience with Helpdesk ticket tracking software and knowledge of remote desktop support tools
- Any Android mobile phone support experience is a plus
- Associates degree or higher with at least 3 years of Corporate Help Desk or PC/Network Technician experience, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Knowledge of Windows XP/7/8/10, Office 2010/2013/2016, PC hardware, Remote Support and VPN
- Must be able to have a strong Korean & English speaking and writing skill
- Video Conference support & Telecom experience are plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.