- Ridgefield Park, NJ, USA
WJ & Company is looking for a talented and unique DBA administrator for our well-regarded client in Ridgefield Park, NJ This is your opportunity to showcase your skills and run with the big dogs if you haven't already.
WJ & Company is a rapidly growing team who provides a range of unique, exceptional, and enhanced services to our clients. We have a strong moral code that includes the service of goodness without expectations of reward. We are motivated by the sense of responsibility and servant leadership.
- Install database server software.
- Design and build databases, schemas, stored procedures, and other database objects.
- Set up routine database backup procedures and disaster recovery procedures.
- Perform database recoveries.
- Tune databases for performance. Monitor database performance trends.
- Assist developers and end-users with database usage, query development, and tuning.
- Develop operating system scripts to automate backups, data transfers, monitoring, etc.
- Install and support the database components of packaged database applications.
- Support database connectivity from client applications.
- Design and implement database security schemas. Install routine security related patches.
- Provides direction to less senior DBA’s. Assists associate and intermediate DBA’s with complex database tasks.
- Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of database administration.
- 3+ years of Production Oracle DBA experience on UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Proficiency in Oracle versions 10g, 11g and 12c and Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Strong understanding of Oracle relational databases, data structures, and SQL
- Ability to perform Oracle patches and upgrade
- Ability to perform backup and restoration
- Experience with high availability (RAC), standby (Data Guard), and backup and recovery (RMAN)
- Experience tuning SQL and PL/SQL using AWR repository data
- Scripting Experience (Shell, Perl, etc.) required
- Ability to create scripts to perform automation daily tasks
- Experience with Database Monitoring tools
- Experience DB migration between various OSs.
- Experience working a production/QA/Dev environment
- Experience working in all OS environment including Linux and Windows on physical server or cloud
- Strong knowledge on Oracle security parameter settings
- Enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment, good multi-tasking and time management skill.
- Ability to work with groups and teams
- Ability to provide off- hour support and on-call required
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with ITSM process (Change mgmt., CI mgmt. etc)
- Provide support and guidance to application groups with SQL tuning, data modeling
- Experience managing non-oracle DB such as DB2, Mysql, MariaDB, and Postgresql
- Oracle certification preferred
Nice to have:
- Experience with Oracle Golden Gate, AWS, NoSQL
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.